No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 41

Got a few people asking me some more questions: 

What's my Instagram? If you really want to know I'll give it to you. Just PM me. Haha. 

Again, WHERE THE FLYING FUCK IS CHASE? He's somewhere, riding a unicorn....

Chapter Forty One

I sat in my work clothes at the Law office, I had to drive over an hour to get here, but I wanted and needed the best lawyer. I was filing for divorce, and since I didn't have a lawyer, I decided to come here, where only the "best of the best" divorce attorney would be assigned to me. I had my legs crossed and both were shaking. What would I say? My husband of six years is cheating and I can't stand him? I wanted everything, that would be my revenge. I wanted the house, I wanted everything in the house.

There were people everywhere. No one looked happy.

"Mrs. Reid?" I almost groaned at my name. That needed to change.

"Yes?" I smiled politely at the small blonde women.

"Right this way," she held her arm out in gesture, "you're assigned attorney is Charlie Robin. He's fantastic, although new to our company, he has won amazing things from divorces." she smiled and knocked on a large brown door.

"Yes?" A deep voice called. My heart hurt - I wasn't sure if it was from this divorce or the sound of the voice.

"Mrs. Reid" she smiled in at him, gesturing, once again, for me to enter. I walked in. "If you need anything, Mrs. Reid, let me know," she nodded quickly and closed the door behind her.

I stared at the man on the other side of the large and dark wooden desk with black trim. He had a kind smile and short black hair. His eyes were blue and clear. "Mrs. Reid." He lifted a manila folder. "Please," he stuttered, "take a seat."

"Thank you," I sat down and crossed my legs, fiddling uncomfortably. He flipped through the folder quickly.

"Would you prefer Sam to Mrs. Reid?" he murmured, not looking at me.

"Yes, sir." I murmured back.

"And you can call me Charlie." He said softly back to me. He shut the folder, "Can you give me a brief of the day you met Mr. Kyle Reid to present day?" I sighed and gave a small smile.

"Well, I met him in high school, senior year, he was my chem partner. He was stupid back then too." I laughed lightly, as did Charlie. "He went off to college, I went to work. He came back summers and the first summer he was back, he asked me to marry him. And I did. Then, once he graduated last year, we got our own house together. I - um, I - How much detail do you need?" I mumbled the last part.

"Well, uhm," he was uncomfortable as well, "if it's a cause of why you're filing then, yes, I would suggest I know about it." he nodded. "It's not domestic violence, right?" He asked in a different tone.

"I got pregnant. At three months, or a little more than three months, I had a miscarriage," I mumbled, "it wasn't abuse or anything, it's just a condition that my mother and I have," I added. "Ever since then he was distant and I didn't understand why..." I mumbled. "But last week, he came home, and left within minutes and I followed him to his side-girlfriend's house." I shrugged. "So I talked to him that night and said I wanted a divorce."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Sammy," he said. I stared at him. Sammy?

"Excuse me?" I whispered. "Sammy?"