No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 8

Chapter Eight

I woke up, feeling over heated. I pushed the blanket off of me, and felt it stop a little too soon to actually hit the bed. There was someone beside me. I noticed there was no alarm clock on the stand. That's when it hit me.

I was in Chase's room.

"Where ya going?" I heard him ask quietly.

"To my room!" I growled.

"Mm, but you're nice and warm. Now I'm cold," he whispered, pulling me back down. "C'mon, goody two shoes. Sleep with me," I could hear the smirk in his voice, although I couldn't see it.

And he was back to being himself.

I laid back down, and he played with my hair.

"Go back to sleep, you got a big day tomorrow of dragging the emo to all his classes..." he whispered in my ear, and I felt the metal of his lip rings against my ear.

"Than you need to sleep too," I said lightly.

"I will," he said, "eventually," he added softly.

I woke up and went straight to the bathroom. I showered fast, and did my hair. I was just putting on make-up about a half hour later, when my mom stepped in.

"How are you feeling?" she asked quietly and put her hand to my forehead. I held back the urge to push my eyebrows together. This must have been a cover for why I was in Chase's bed.

"Better now," I said, and went back to my mascara.

Chase didn't say anything to me until we got to the school. We stepped out of the car, and he smiled.

"What'd you tell my mom exactly?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Oh, I probably should have told you..." he smirked, "I said that you felt sick and passed out in my room. So I let you sleep there."

"Well... Thank you," I said.

Devann came up to me, gave Chase a look, and then pulled me away from him. Chase leaned against the lockers, and waited for Devann to stop talking to me.

"Why him?" Devann stared down at me.

"What do you mean?" I glared.

"Why are you around him?"

"That's none of your business," I mumbled.

"It is my business if he's around my girlfriend," Devann growled, and then looked over at Chase, who was just looking around, waiting.

"You're gonna have to deal with it." I shrugged.

"You're turning into a bitch --"

"No, I'm just standing up for myself, and my friend," I said, crossing my arms. The bell rang and I glanced over at Chase. He nodded his head towards the rest of the hall way. "I don't want to be with you anymore," I said softly.

He gave me a raised eye brow and shrugged, "I was gonna break up with you anyway," he said. I held out my hand.

"Than this is an agreed break up." He slapped my hand, even though I was looking for a hand shake. I rolled my eyes, and walked towards Chase. He must have noticed something wasn't right, and he slid his arm around my waist. He was too nice. Too loving.

"What happened?"

"Broke up," I mumbled, not really caring, but still. Even in an agreed break-up, it still hurts.

"Because of me?" he stopped walking, staring me down.

"No, because he's a controling asshole." Chase kissed my temple and continued walking.

I didn't want to sit with my friends, but Chase said I should -- We should... So we did. First thing I said, was a warning that if they talked shit about Chase whatsoever, I'd let him stab them. Jordon's eyes widened a little, Jalice just smiled at Chase, and Devann rolled his eyes.

He was sitting across the table from me, and I was next to Jalice and Chase. "Yeah right, he's a little bitch," Devann said.

"I vote Devann off the island, yes?" Jalice said, flipping her hair over her shoulder. She put her elbow on the table, fist on chin, leaned forward, and stared Devann in the eyes.

"Yes!" Chase said. Everyone looked at him, but I smiled.

"Agreed," I said. Jordon looked around.

"I guess I don't have a choice..." Jordon said. Devann hissed some swears at us, and went down to the other end of the table, where more of our friends sat.

"Good, now we're all friends." Jalice said. I could hear Chase roll his eyes. I glanced at him, and he shook his head a little at me. I smiled.