No More Goody Two Shoes 47

If you didn't read my update, it's in chapter 46. This chapter has about 4,100 words, and was originally two chapters but I combined them because where the chapter cut off just didn't make sense. 

ENJOY! Vote, Comment, Message me! :)

Forty Seven

My work day went by slow. I couldn't wait for it to be over. When I had woke up, I viewed three messages from Chase.

Is everything okay? I didn't get another message from you last night.

Good morning sunshine.

Samantha.

I smiled a little. He cares for me. Hi, sorry I fell asleep last night. I didn't get another text for the remaining of the day.

I was walking out of the office with a work friend, she was going off about her boyfriend. She had stopped mid sentence to swoon, and I looked up. I saw the sleek Mazda and Chase in a white button down, sleeves rolled up and black slacks. His hair was in perfect place. He smiled at me as I walked out. "I'll see you tomorrow, Lisa," I gave her a flash of my smile and walked up to Chase. She gazed with wide eyes.

"Bye," she swooned again. Chase gave her a small nod and smile.

"Hello," he said to me and planted a kiss on my head. "I'm glad your friend saw me, I didn't feel like running after you."

"Why are you out of work?" I looked at him.

"Well, my other clients had morning appointments, I got all my work done, and you, my dear, have an appointment with me, in fifteen minutes." I looked at him.

"Okay, Charlie." I mumbled with a small smirk on my face. "Are we going to your office?"

"If you'd be more comfortable, yes." he smiled at me.

I nodded, "It makes you my lawyer, not my lover."

"Am I just your lover?" he whispered and grabbed both my hands in his. He looked down at me before pulling me against his body.

"No," I whispered. "So much more."

He opened the door for me and I slid in. Chase grabbed the buckle and put it around my body. He kissed my neck before he shut the door. He slid in beside me and floored it down the road.

When we got to his office, there was one person in the waiting room, and the small blonde receptionist. Chase nodded at her. "Oh, Mr. Robin!" She called, "Someone left a message for you, I transferred it to your phone!"

"Thanks," he mumbled as he led me to the back of the building where his office was. He keyed the door and walked in. He stretched before sitting behind his desk, turned his back to me and grabbed a manila folder that had my name written on it.

"So, Mr. Charlie Robin," I mumbled. "What is the next step?"

He smiled for a split second and his voice broke the moment of silence with more legal mumble that I didn't care much for. Chase ended with telling me the court date to see who "won" the house. The date was three weeks away. "Samantha, you need to talk to Kyle and find out what he's doing. Does he have a lawyer? Is he going to fight for the house? Or is he flat out willing to sign?"

"Okay," I mumbled. I didn't want to talk to Kyle about anything. I didn't want to see him, or be around him.

"Sam?" Chase questioned, "are you alright?" I looked up at him.

"I'm getting a divorce and my lawyer is my ex boyfriend." I stared at him.

He chuckled lightly, "that is true."