Page N°15

[ ??? years ago]

The kingdom of Spade, a normal kingdom but if you look closer, Spade is plunged into a chaos it had never known before. 3 knights, all brothers and sister, had decided to make Rebellion to steal the crown. At least, that's what all the people would think, for the truth was quite different, the  Grimbellior family, who were at the head of the kingdom, had usurped their legitimacy of royal blood, thus banishing the  Zogratis family, which was pure Royal blood.

It was only a few years later that 3 new knights entered the service of the King, their names were from the oldest to the youngest: Dante, Zenon and Vanica. Their last name?  Zogratis. They had come to avenge their parents who were humiliated by the Grimbellior.

After a few months in the service of the king, they began their revenge that they had won easily but there remained a problem, during the revolt,  Zenon, had a child but was kidnapped by the guards, thinking that he was the brother of the prince they had to protect, his name? Asta.

Once the revolt was over, Zenon went in search of his son throughout the kingdom, but to no avail, he thought he must already be killed by the guards. These thoughts put him in a deep depression which he forgot to go to the other kingdoms to look for him, he forgot to smile, eat and sleep. He would even refuse to go out for at least a week from his new room, and when he went out, it was to shower, eat a little and lock himself again.

Thanks to his brother Dante, Zenon was able to regain his spirits step by step, but he hadn't forgotten about Asta, he had abandoned the idea of looking for him even if he had died. Yet, this would still kill him.

He was better, but nothing more, he wasn't smiling anymore. He had cursed his Demon power because it was in major part of it fault because if he didn't have it, he would still be in his old home, raising Asta, but he had that it was not the fault of his power, he just wanted someone or something to curse for the loss of his son. It couldn't be his wife, she had died while giving birth to Asta, it couldn't be his brother and sister, because they had done nothing except console him and help him recover.

Deep down, what he wanted was for Asta to be alive and that one day he would see him again and be the dad that the young person would deserve and make up for lost time. If only his one and only wish could be fulfilled, he would be the happiest Demon. He would be a happy Demon and not a happy man because the Zogratis brothers were half-human and half-demons but only Zeno was a pure Demon.

-
Man... The chapter sucks... I'm deeply sorry for that, the next one will be much better !