Page N°20

'A bonus multiplier of 5... Does it really apply to our Mana or we have an artificial Mana during the match...' I'm probably thinking too much... And I don't really feel like watching the match... 'Let's visit Leo hehe...' I though with a smile, After all, it's been since I arrived in Spade that I didn't give him news...

"Spatial Magic." Still, Yami's driver's magic is really handy. After going through the portal that opened, I was transported to Leo's room and saw him sitting on the bed and... crying?

"Leo? What's wrong?" I never knew how to react to someone crying except when it was Yuno where I was happy... But seeing Leo crying, for some strange reason, it hurt... Could it be compassion?
"Huh... Asta, is that you?" He asked in a small voice while turning to me. How long had he been crying like this...? When he saw me completely, his face became radiant like the Sun in a second and smiled at me like at our first meeting. He stood up and ran in my direction before throwing himself on top of me and hugging me. "It's really you! I was afraid you'd never come to see me again..." Never see him again?

"What are you talking about, I would never stop coming to see you, even if you hate me... Why would you think that?" I asked as I ran a hand through his hair.

"Well... Since you got judged... I didn't stand up for you back then when I should have! It's just that... I didn't have the courage..." 'Courage huh? Something a human has but can't use at will...' 'You talk as if I'm not human Appolyon...' 'Hehehe...' Fear in his laugh? Strange.

"Don't worry, I'm here now, right? But I can only stay for 5 minutes, I have a match to win later."

"Can I come? I just want to spend more time with you..." In his eyes, there was desperation and hope... Did he want to stay with me that badly? Notice, I would do anything to stay with him.

"You know, you're just going to see me win, it's not very interesting." I said laughing and opening a gate. He smiled, took my hand and walked through the portal with me. Strangely, I feel much stronger...