Prologue

The Kingdom of Clover

A kingdom governed by magic but also by mana, which is innate for all. It is said that the magic grimoires of this kingdom have a three-leaf clover on their cover. They are the virtues of; Hope, Faith and Charity. However, it is possible that a person with a huge source of Mana receives a Grimoire with a fourth leaf, this one would represent Luck. But what if a person receives a five-leaf Grimoire? A legend said that is a Demon would live in there.

What if another ancient Legend, which dates from the creation of the World, which has been forgotten by all humans, spoke of the existence of a six-leaf grimoire? Indeed, six. This Legend says that this Grimoire contains all the properties of the Grimoires with 3, 4 and 5-leafs. But what about the sixth? Well, it would represent the Absolute Zero... or more simply, God himself. Why would a Demon and God live in one Grimoire? No one will ever know.

At the age of 15, when you receive your own Grimoire, teenagers can go to the Capital to take a test to become a Magic Knight, or even one day, the Magic Emperor.

Hage Village

This village is far away from the Royal City in the lands of Clover. A plebeian village. Why are we talking about this village? Well, one night, two children were abandoned in the church of this village. A black-haired baby named Yuno and a white-haired baby named Asta...

Yuno was a 'Prodigy' because he handled his magic perfectly and had a huge source of Mana. He was loved by all and was very popular with the ladies as he was considered as a handsome young man. The whole village knew that he would pass the entrance exam without failure and thus, become a strong mage, and then maybe, become the Wizard King.

As for Asta, he was always bullied by other children, even those of the church, even Yuno, his so-called brother. Laught at him. 'magicless' was one of the most common way to name Asta and make fun of him.
Indeed, he didn't possess an ounce of magic in him. No one believed in him and when et he tried to achieve something, the villagers would just laugh it off. Pretty cruel, isn't it ?

Although he has withdrawn from himself, speaks not often, doesn't express any emotions, he hasn't given up on his dream of becoming the Wizard King which caused much mockery once again.

How? He was powerless, Magic-less, a freak. How can such pathetic being can even think about becoming one of the most respectable, adored person of the country ? That doesn't make any sense. Especially for a plebeian.

As always, Asta would be made fun of, even for just existing, villagers would openly insult him, and such. Though they've never dared to hit him, yet. Asta didn't understand why he was receiving such treatment but, slowly but surely, he would accept this as his average daily life... until one day, where the beating started and constant harass became even more 'unstoppable'

To that day, Asta swore to never show ever again any sign of any emotions. Happiness ? They would remind him he was worthless, a piece of garbage and made sure he knows to look down whenever they were passing near him.
Sadness ? They'd simply make sure to make him even more sadder.
If he had any interest in something ? They would simply... make sure Asta would never look at it ever again.

For such 'lovable' villagers and religious persons, they sure were 'innocent'.

Comes the day of the ceremony of the presentation of the Grimoires. Everyone was excited and nervous, for they wonder what Grimoire they were going receive.

All thought Yuno would be the 'Chosen One' due to his overflowing mana. As for the young White-boy... even if he knew he wouldn't get anything, he still hoped that maybe, just maybe, God would feel merciful for once and give him a Grimoire. It could be one of the most shittiest grimoire known to mankind, Asta would happily take it and train to become someone he always dreamed to be.

So, I've promised to update and changed something's here and there but I really had no time, before Christmas I had 2 weeks full of exams smh, and Christmas came so I was with my family so... no time. I hope y'all like those minor changes I made for this chapter.
Anyway, cya