Page N°16

[Somewhere in the Kingdom of Spade]

It had been at least 5 hours since Asta wandered in the Lands of Spade. Despite the long distance travelled, Asta did not seem to be hungry, but his stomach was starving. Arrested by a gurgling, the young man laid his belongings on the ground and set up a fire and began to cook animal meat that he had killed on the road not long before. "It's good." He said with a voice filled with pleasure.  'It brings back memories... eat like that...' 'Not good memories, I guess.' Liebe replied.   Asta merely shook his head, not wanting to talk about it anymore. After finishing eating, Asta went back on his way and walked for a long time again.

The night fall and Asta had no idea where to sleep. He still decided to keep moving until he found a place. After 5 minutes of walking, he saw light near a small village 'Bingo.' After entering this village, Asta began to look for the village chief to ask for a place to sleep. On his way, he heard a discussion between two inhabitants. "It's tomorrow, isn't it? the anniversary of the disappearance of the child of one of the Kings?" Asked for a female voice. "Yes, I feel bad for His Highness, you know, having your child kidnapped when he's just a baby..." Answered a male voice. The two continued their discussion until they saw Asta. The woman was the first to speak. "Who are you my child? What are you doing here? Are you lost?" She asked. Asta decided to just tell the truth. If he lost at the exchange, he would be driven out of the village. "I... am a former Magic Knight from the Kingdom of Clover. I was exiled a short time ago in Spade and I'm looking for a place to sleep, that's all. Before you asked me, I got exiled because I was not very appreciated there ..." The woman was shocked and shed a tear upon hearing Asta's sad fate. The man him, look at him with sympathy. "Oh, poor child... Let me guide you to the village chief, he'll probably leave you a place to sleep." She said worried, as if Asta were her own child.

After arriving at the chief's house, he asked the same questions as the woman and Asta answered the same thing. After giving Asta his room, the old man asked him his name. Asta just responded by "Asta. Don't have a last name." The eyes of the village chief grew greatly and he replied with "You have exactly the same name the child who was kidnapped from His Highness Zenon my boy."