Charlie Carver | Huck Finnigan (Fluff)

This one shot is based on the television series Ratched. Huck is a war veteran and he works at a mental institution in the the late 40's. I would recommend this television series if you're into something like that.

"Huck! Are you listening to me? With a face like that you wouldn't be able to get a job outside of this facility!" I look up at the rude woman and furrow my brows. "You are a very rude person." She looks away from her clipboard and into my eyes. "What did you say y/n?" I stand my ground and look to Huck then back at the sorry-excuse-of-a-woman. "You need to be more respectful because he's a very nice person. He's one of the nicest people I've ever met."

From the corner of my eye I can see Huck smile and then look down. I saw that he was blushing when I turned to see his face. I helped the patient out of the ice bath and we both took her back to her room.

After setting the patient to their room I made my way to the hall. I needed to take my lunch break I was feeling famished and a bit tired. Sitting down at the table with my brown paper bag it was a bologna and cheese sandwich with a peach. "Thank you y/n." I look up and see Huck standing in the doorway. "For?" I say with my bitten peach in my hand. "Well for standing up for me. Ever since I got out of the war everyone has made fun of me." I felt really bad and I didn't like that people were so cruel.

"Well I think you're handsome. Who cares what anyone else thinks." I say while looking down blushing. Hucks expression widens and just when he was going to say something one of the other nurses comes to the both of us in a hurry for some help.

We all rushed to the room that needed help and a man was acting hysterical for no reason. All of us held him down while Nurse Ratchet got a needle of anesthesia. Sometimes I still wonder why I work here. I want to help patients but some of them I feel are a lost soul.

I exit the room and fix my sleeves and remember what Nurse Ratchet told me. "A nice looking woman is someone that can be trusted, so fix yourself." Walking out and heading to the front desk to my normal spot.

I sit at the desk and wait for a person to walk in. It's boring most of the day but I get through it. Huck approached me at the desk and I quickly look down because I was slowly blushing. I think Huck is a very handsome man and I would like to get to know him but I get too shy. "Hey y/n can I talk to you about something?" I look up at him and smile, "Sure, what about?"

Huck gulps and looks for what to say. "Huck, you can tell me anything." I grab his hand for support and I couldn't help but look at our hands. It was a beautiful sight to look at. "Y/n I like you and I was hoping to take you on a date real soon." I smile at him and nod my head. Huck Finnigan asked me out on a date!

3 days later at 7:30 p.m.

Huck was right on time at my door and I fix myself in the mirror before opening it. He was at my front door with a bouquet of daisies. Huck looked at me and he loved the dress I picked. "You're beautiful y/n." Looking at him he chose a really great outfit. He wore a long black coat with a button shirt with slacks. "You look good as always Huck." I smile and slightly blush. He hands me the flowers and I take them and invite him inside my home.

I cut the flowers stems an inch off and then fill a vase with water. I place the flowers in the vase and then take them into my room. This was my first time getting flowers from someone I like. Closing my door behind me I look up at him and he's still at the front door. I giggle but I cover my mouth to not be rude. He smiles and raises a brow, "What's so funny?" I shake my head and walk towards him. "I let you in so you can relax while I was setting the flowers. It would've been fine if you were sitting on my couch." He chuckles while looking down. Huck extended his arm out to me and I took it.

We both arrive to his truck after locking my front door and he opens the door for me. I get in and fix myself and he quickly hops in. He turns the car on and puts his seatbelt on. I wait for him to put the car in shift but he didn't. Huck glanced over at me and then blinks his eyes. "Yeah?" Then Huck reached over and his face was sort of close to mine. He clicked my seatbelt together and then tightened it. "Sorry, I just want you safe." That made me smile and it was definitely cute.

After a while we arrived at the drive through movies and parked. He opens the window and reached for the speaker to bring it in. Then he rolls up the window and lowers the volume. He then opens his back window and reached for a small basket. Putting it down on the seat he opens it and takes out two glass coke bottles and a blanket. "I'm going to buy some popcorn at the concession stand, did you want anything else?" I shake my head and smile "No, thank you."

Huck leaves and makes his way to the stand. I never understood movies I mainly stay home and just read the newspaper or books. But I like spending time with Huck. He's such a gentleman and very nice. It started raining hard and I looked out the passenger window and saw Huck run to the truck. Quickly opening the door he jumps in and shakes the water off. His hair was wet and it flattened but it looked like he just came out of the bath. My eyes sparkled looking at him and I think he noticed. "See something you like?" I quickly looked down and then he picked up my head with his hand. He pressed his lips on mine then I felt his tongue swipe my lip. We made out and we both opened our mouths to let our tongues intertwine. I questioned if this was too fast but if it was I didn't mine. Huck is someone that I see myself with and I know that he wants the same thing.

We both pulled away and looked into each other's eyes. "I hope you like soggy popcorn." I nod my head and ate some buttery and soggy popcorn. Huck puts the popcorn on his lap and then sits closer to me. He puts his arm over me and I grab the blanket for the both of us. I put it over our legs and we start to watch the movie that was already about halfway. Huck kisses my cheek and I look at him while still snacking on my popcorn. I lay my head on his shoulder and continue to watch the movie.

By the end of the movie we both crashed in our arms together. Being with Huck is something I always want to look forward to.