Jay Hernandez | 911

Warning: the following one shot will have domestic abuse. There will also be name calling. You can skip to the next one shot if you'd like.

I sit in my car and shake my leg impatiently, I already know what's going to happen when I walk through that door. I grab my purse and turn off the car. I step out with my nude pump heels and start walking up the the house. They hit the ground as I approached the front door. The door opens and there he was drunk off his ass. He was stumbling side to side wearing a white dirty and ripped muscle shirt, dirty jeans and his work boots. "Come here." He signals me to come over and I hesitate. He grits his teeth and says, "come here now!" Loudly, enough for someone to hear.

I make my way to the door and he was in my way so I stood there looking down. Then out of nowhere he grabs me by my hair and pulls me inside. "No!" I yell and he slams the door behind him. "Shut the fuck up!" He tells while slapping me across the face. I start to cry and my body feels weak. This happens every night and I'm sick of it. I love him but I don't know what got into him. We were happy and now he's different. I start crying and picking myself up. He pushed me down and started hitting my body and working his way up to my face. "Get off of me!" I scream and he pins my arms on the floor and yells, "you think you're better than me? I can't stand you, you're a fuckin slut!" Something took over me when he said that I don't know if it was instinct or rage. I kneed him in the dick and when he fell to the side I quickly took off my heels. I grabbed the both of them and pointed the heel part at him as he was getting up. "I don't understand you, we were fine and you changed! Why?!" I ask while crying. "You think by you getting your hair done or going to the gym, guys will want to fuck you? You're a whore!" He slurs his words and makes his way towards me. I back up still pointing the heel to him. "You're jealous because I'm trying to better myself?" I didn't even get an answer to that question he came up to me so quickly and kneed me in the stomach.

He made his way to our room and came back out with a gun. I felt myself jump out of my skin when I saw that. I get up and try to head to the front door. "Get your ass on the ground now!" I didn't want to get shot but I knew he was going to kill me. I get on and hope that I don't die. He turns me over and points it at my face. "You scared of dying bitch?" He laughs in the most evil way. This was a different person, I didn't marry this person. He hits me with the gun and it goes off on his hand. It didn't ricochet on anything it just went in the wall. I heard tires in the drive way but I couldn't tell who it was. Hopefully someone is trying to see me and I can give them a signal. "Y/n are you home?" My friend Carla rings the doorbell and then knocks on the door. My husband covers my mouth as I was about to scream for help. "Don't even fuckin think about it. You scream she dies and so do you." He whispers in my ear then licks my ear. I wanted to scream but I cared about my best friend.

I was sitting down on the coach and he was saying nothing but negative stuff. "You're ugly."
"You're worthless."
"Slut."
"I can't believe I married you! You're an idiot!" I actually started believing these things. Finally I got up and I was making my way to the room. "Where the fuck are you going?!"
"To the room, you asshole!" I fire back. At this point I didn't care what happened, I was pissed. He comes and slams me on the wall and starts choking me. I tried to break free but I couldn't, I was hitting him but it wasn't doing anything. He pointed the gun at my forehead and squeezed the trigger slowly.

The door was kicked down, "Freeze! Put the gun down and put your hands over your head!" An officer came in and he released me from choking. I didn't move, honestly cops make me nervous so I didn't try anything. "Put the gun down now!" He puts it down slowly, "slide it over!" The officer demand and he slides it over. "Lay flat on your stomach and put your hand on your head!" He makes his way to him and holstered his gun and handcuffed my husband. He stood him up and pushed him outside, "Take this jerk off downtown. I don't want him in the same station as her." He signals to me. The two other officers put him in a cruiser and they take off.

"Ma'am? I'm officer Hernandez." He cautiously extends his hand to me and I gently take it. "I'm y/n.." I say with a raspy voice officer Hernandez sits next to me on the floor. "I'm going to make sure he pays for what he did." I look in his eyes and he could tell I was broken. I didn't even have to tell him. "You're a good cop, stay like that." He smiles weakly. "I don't understand.." he stares at me wondering what I was talking about. "I was a good wife to him, I was never mean to him and now he changed. I don't understand why. We were happy!" I hit my fist on the floor and the officer stops me from hitting the floor again. "Listen I know I can't speak for you because I wasn't here the whole time but..." he try's to pick his words carefully. "Everything happens for a reason, I'm not saying what he did was right but maybe this means something." He looks into my eyes and I look into his. He was holding me close and I haven't realized until now. "Sorry is this crossing a line?"
"What do you mean.. something?" I turn to him and he stares back into my beat up face. "Maybe he wasn't the one for you. There could be someone else that will love you unconditionally." I stand up and he helps me to the cruiser. On our way down he was explaining how long I might be at the station and that I was going to be alright.

We get to the station and he starts questioning me. "How long has he.." He trails off, I think the thought of a woman getting abused by her husband sickens him. "Five years." He looks at me shocked and he types on the computer. "Do you want to press charges?"
"Yes." I immediately say. "Will this lock him up for good?" He sits back and clicks his pen, "Well it's up to the judge in the end but I hope this puts him away. I'll be there for you."
"What?"
"I mean I'll be there with you because I'm the officer that was a witness. Sorry you're just beautiful- so do you want a blanket or some coffee?" He quickly gets up and asks me. "Y-Yeah they both sound nice." I was so confused cause I thought I heard him say you're beautiful. I'm actually ugly right now, my face is purple and I plan on locking that fucker away.