Andy Samburg | Best Friend

"I can't believe he did that to me! He's such an asshole for cheating on me with his fuckin secretary." I vent to Andy, he was just done with an episode of Brooklyn nine-nine. "He doesn't deserve great things (y/n). He's an asshole and you deserve so much better." Andy and I have been friends since kindergarten so he's my best friend. I tell him everything and he tells me everything. "I gave him my all and he still treated me bad. I didn't deserve that, I don't understand." I place my palms on my forehead and sit on Andy's chair. "Hey it's okay, I'm here for you (y/n)." He comes up to me and hugs me, Andy pulls me to his chest and he smelled so good. His cologne always smells great, inhaling his scent secretly.

Andy pulls away and picks up my chin then brushes some of my hair behind my ear. "(Y/n) I have something to tell you-" Andy was interrupted by the director. "Andy we need you to redo a scene and it's going to be a while." He nods his head and then faces me, "Hey go get yourself something to eat, okay? There's a in n' out down the street." He gives me some money, then walks towards the set and I get on my feet and head out.

Walking down the street it was the saddest walk ever. There were couples holding hands and taking pictures together it just reminds me so much. I shake head and head into in n' out. "Could I get a cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate milkshake?" I made the transaction and waited for my number to be called. I got my food after 20 minutes and went out side. I headed up to this ladder, sat on the edge of a building and started to eat my meal. This burger is really good and the fries with the milkshake is the greatest thing. After finishing the meal and watching the cars pass by I just stayed there.

After about, I don't know like 2 hours I get a call from Andy. "Hey where are you? I think we should talk." He says first. "I'm on top of the clothes store, I'm just hanging out on the rooftop." He stays silent for a bit then says, "Well I'm just around the corner so I'll see you in a bit." I hang up and sip my milkshake afterwards. Andy's footsteps were hitting the little rocks on the top of the roof. "Hey (y/n)." He sits next to me on the edge and playfully bumps his shoulder on mine. "Did you enjoy your meal?" He asks. "Yes and thank you for buying. You didn't have to but thanks." I smile and he smiles back, "I wanted to, trust me."

"So what did you want to talk about Andy?"
"Right.. so I was thinking about how he was treating you and it just make me feel.. angry." I raise my brows in confusion, "Angry?"
"Yeah, you see we've been friends since kindergarten so I know that I can tell you anything." I turn to face him cause I know this is something serious. He continues, "I like you (y/n). I've always had, I just never said anything because I was scared that you were going to reject me. But... I don't care now, your ex cheated on you now I want to step in and help you through this. Then when you're fine, I hope we can go on a date or be together." The sound of cars passing by and sirens of cop cars filled the awkward silence.

"Andy I never knew you felt that way... about me." He brushes some hair behind my ear. "I've felt like this for a really long time." I look down and pick myself up, "Why now? It's bad timing and it'll be a while to heal." He looks into the distance of the buildings further down. "I know, it's just that.. I couldn't bring myself to say something." I sip my milkshake then offer him some, "Thanks." Andy takes my cup and sips some, "Wow they make some good shakes." I put my head on his shoulder and rest on him while gazing at all of the lights.

"Everything is going to be alright (y/n), I promise you."

"I just can't help but feel like I wasn't enough. Like-" Andy hugs me and pulls me closer while I sob in his arms. "You are enough, you are so great of a person. Don't you ever think of yourself any less (y/n). He fucked up, not you. He's missing out on the greatest person in the world but he's too blind to see it. One day he will understand and you may not be there to see it but I hope for his sake he does." I pull apart a little to look him in the eyes and his smile just makes me calm. Like nothing else matters in this world but that damn smile. Andy leans closer and gently presses his lips on mine. I kiss back. I know that I just been broken up with but now that I'm single I can do what I want because no one owns me. Andy and I kissed for a while then we pulled apart. His eyes open and he smiles again, "What's on your mind?" I sit up and straighten myself out before speaking, "I need to move on because this will eat me up and I do not need to give him power. The thing is I need to get my stuff from the apartment and maybe head back home." Andy shakes his head, "Home? Why?"

"I don't have anywhere to go and rent for a single apartment in California is sky rocket high." He places his hand on mine, "You can stay in my spare room (y/n), I don't even use that room." I look back at him with worry, "Andy it's fine you don't need to do that, okay? I just don't want to be a problem and get in the way."
"(Y/n). Stop, okay? You're not going to be in the way of anyone or anything. Let's go get your stuff and take it back to my house." After finishing he stands up and offers me his hand. I smile at him and take it, "Okay but you gotta promise me that you won't beat him up." He giggles, "I can't promise that (y/n), that dude really made me upset. Also it wouldn't be bad to knock some sense into him." Andy shrugs before I head down the ladder and we head to the Palms Apartment to get my belongings.