Chapter 5: 30 Years Passing

3rd POV:

It has been some time since the day of his uncle's death. The quirk riots as they were now called had come to an end and the so-called dark age was a stain on the history of Japan. Most history books talked about it but much about the time period wasn't know due to how much information was lost in all of the destruction. After they had pushed All For One back the first time from the capital, he switched to a guerrilla warfare style of assault and caused a massive amount of damage with his forces for years. However, the government held on strong and was able to push the enemy forces back and passed a lot of anti-discrimination and quirk laws that appeased people. As such, 15 years after the date of his uncle's death the quirk riots had come to an end. Time passed and a lot of people forgot about his father's existence which was a mistake in Izuku's opinion and no history book talked about him because the government didn't want people to be afraid that he was still around unstopped. Again, Izuku saw this as the wrong move to make but he had no way to stop them. 

More years passed and now it has been 30 years total since the day of his uncle's death and One For All had also passed to another user and it was now on the fourth user. The second user had died at the hands of All For One when Izuku's father discovered the truth of the quirk. It enraged him that someone else had the quirk that he gave his brother. Izuku had arranged for the third user to be trained by a handful of people but the third user had found someone and passed the quirk on since the third user had discovered where Izuku's father was one day and had gone off to challenge him. He of course did not survive. The second user had told the story of how the quirk came about and the fact that there was someone watching out for them from the shadows and that they should expect random acts of help every once in a while when they run into problems that the watcher finds out about. Izuku never meets with the users in person but has seen them from a distance on the few times that he went and watched them. As such, the fourth user did know of the story and wasn't surprised when he had received help out of nowhere and was given a property to train in and had his expenses covered since he was not that wealthy. This allowed the 4th user to focus on training and doing his hero work since he was a hero already when he received the quirk. 

Though back to Izuku himself. Izuku was still gathering power over the years and has been screwing with his father's operations whenever he found them. However, right now Izuku was preparing himself to go greet the new emperor. The old emperor had abdicated from the throne due to old age and was in poor health. As such, the crown prince would take over the throne. The Shadow Guards were left on the books because normal police couldn't handle quirk users as heroes or the shadow guards could. As such, Izuku still held his position as the leader of the shadow guards. The duties themselves were taken care of by the vice-commander though since Izuku would always be dealing with threats to the nation or hunting down his father's operations. 

Izuku honestly pitied the vice-commander who has had to take care of all the duties for Izuku but there were far more important things to do and the order from the outgoing emperor was to always focus on other things such as All For one and dealing with threats to the nation instead of the duties. The emperor said if something were anything important, then he would call Izuku since he always had his number and he's only been called on a handful of times over the years. As such, Izuku changed into his shadow outfit and snuck into the palace, and watched the ceremony. The ceremony took a while but none of the other shadow guards noticed Izuku. Izuku rolled his eyes at this but didn't really think much of that due to the fact that Izuku had a large number of quirks that allowed him to perform his feats.

The ceremony came to an end and all the guests except the new emperor, the outgoing emperor, and the shadow guards were left. The new emperor called all of the shadow guards out and they presented themselves to the new emperor. The old emperor just smirked and rolled his eyes as he glanced up into the roof area where Izuku was hiding at. 'I never understood how he was able to find me all the time....' Izuku thought. He had a theory that it was due to how often he and Izuku would meet so the old emperor likely got used to Izuku's presence in the room even when he hid though Izuku did have a theory that the old man just took a guess all the time and somehow got lucky. "Son." The older emperor said and the new emperor looked over. "You forgot to call for the other shadow guard. Though I'm not surprised since he's always out on the life-time assignment that I gave him. He is in this room though so Shadow appears before me." Stated the old emperor and Izuku dropped down and revealed his presence right as he landed and went into a bow before the old emperor. All of the other shadow guards went on guard and surrender the new emperor since they have never seen this person before and he had a different uniform than them. "Rise my shadow. It's been a few years since we've last met." Stated the old emperor. Izuku just raised and went to stand by the emperor. "Indeed old friend. You look younger with age." Izuku joked. The old emperor just rolled his eyes at Izuku.