Search for the Memories

(Already at 100 reads! Thank you for the support, I'll do my best to make sure you all enjoy reading this as it goes on.)

Link found himself once again in the tower atop the decrepit old ruins of the Temple of Time. The old man, or rather... The king stood before him. Link thought back to when he had first encountered him, standing outside the shrine of resurrection, watching him. He was the one who helped him find the runes for his Sheikah Slate, the one who was they key to him knowing what was happening.

Now here he stood. No longer looking like an old woodcutter, but an elderly king, dressed in royal attire.

Link: ... Your majesty?

King Rhoam: You must save her Link. Save my daughter, save my people. Don't let the sacrifice be in vain once more...

He suddenly disappeared, as the blood moon began to rise. The beast within the castle began to writhe as it slowly began to ascend from it, making its way to freedom...

Link: Gah!

Link jumped up into a sitting position. He looked around. Sunlight flooded through the window of his newly bought house, allowing him to easily get a grip on where he was.

Link: -Panting-

After a moment, he grabbed his Sheikah Slate and wrote down on the log.

Link: -Writing- I need to go see Impa again and ask her about the photos in the album. It may possibly lead to me regaining my lost memories, and possibly help me finish this quest quicker. I don't know what to expect when I get them back... I don't know what I will find... All I can hope is that they do not slow me down, whether they are good or bad.

He got out of bed, and headed downstairs. After cooking and eating a breakfast of honeyed apples, he put his cape on and left his house.

After a quick stop at the general store, he hopped on Epona's back and rode off. After a rather uneventful trip, mostly of him finding a few korok seeds and trading them with Hestu for more spaces in his inventory, he arrived at Kakariko Village once more. He headed straight for Impa's house once more. He saw Paya busy, praying by some small statuettes of some frog looking deities.

Link: Excuse me.

Paya: H-Huh?! Oh! Master Link! I uhhh...

She started blushing.

Link: I came to see your grandmother again. Is she...

Paya: O-Oh... She's alright. She's where she usually is.

Link: Thank you.

He gave a quick nod before heading in. Paya immediately facepalmed herself when he no longer could hear her.

Paya: -Thoughts- What was that!? Why did I act that way again? I am such an embarrassment to my family...

Link walked in.

Impa: Ah... So you've returned. I heard Purah was giving you the runaround, but you seem just fine.

Link: How did you know?

Impa: An old woman never reveals her secrets to someone not in the family. Now then, what is it she wanted you to show me?

Link grabbed the Sheikah Slate and showed her the photo album, going through the various pictures of locations.

Impa: Aha! This is without a doubt the camera Princess Zelda used 100 years ago. Hmm... Considering you were her appointed knight, you should have been at these locations too. I suggest travelling to these places. They may reunite you with your lost memories.