Memories Unearthed

Link stood still, taking in what he had just seen. This memory didn't seem as bad as the last few he'd been seeing of him and the princess. It was strange, he could remember feeling... something when he had rushed forward, trying to get to her in time. It was brief, but it was there.

For once, he suddenly felt interested to know more. It was like a spark had kindled a little fire inside him.

"I don't know what Urbosa wants me to see in these memories, but I have a feeling that I'm not seeing the full picture here. Who knows, this may be useful after all..." he thought to himself.

He took a look at the Sheikah slate. There were many more photos he had to explore. Sure, it would take some time, but he'd still be able to continue to look for shrines in the meantime. With that resolve, he looked to Taima, who was sitting nearby.

"Let's go, we have a long way to go." he told her, as he began to make his way to the road, leaving Kara Kara Bazaar behind him.

Taima quickly got up, her tail wagging as she followed his lead. After what was a long and tedious wait, she finally felt happy to join him on his journey once again.

The two followed the road, now having a seemingly much more peaceful trek back than when they had first passed through. After a few hours of walking, they finally arrived at the stable.

Changing back into his usual Champion's clothing, along with his cloak, he brought Epona out of the stable. The white maned horse whinnied happily upon seeing her master and his wolf companion once again. Link handed her an apple, which she quickly gobbled up with pleasure as he petted her mane gently.

Once she was done, he climbed onto her back and rode off with her, Taima following behind them as they exited the canyon. All three of them, finally back together and ready to take on the world. Now that they were back on track, Link checked for where the next memory was.

It seemed to be atop a small hill, about north of where the Great Plateau was. Having an idea of where to look, Link rode onward.

After a day's worth of travel, the Champion and his animal companions had arrived at what seemed to be the spot. The trees had moved and the terrain had changed a little, from what it seemed.

Taking a look at the picture, then back at the place, Link squinted his eyes for a moment. Then all of a sudden, it hit him.

Flashback

Princess Zelda was busy reading through her notes, as Link was finishing up with packing up their campsite. Though she tried her best to focus, she couldn't help the nagging feeling in the back of her head, a thought that whispered to her again and again.

The Hylian royal heir looked up at Link, her eyes filled with guilt as she knew she had to muster up the courage to try and... to try and speak with him.

"Um... Link?"

Her appointed knight turned to her, putting down the sleeping bag he was in the process of rolling up.

"Look... I... I wanted to apologize for the way I acted a few days ago."

Link was taken aback by this a little, it was the first time he heard the princess speak to him and not at him.

"I was just so frustrated I... I just couldn't stop myself from letting my anger out at you, you didn't deserve any of that..."

The young Hylian said nothing has listened to her attentively. He gave a nod to her, telling her without words he accepted the apology. The princess smiled a little.

"Thank you." she said. The girl then paused for a moment for a moment, before asking: "Link, if I may ask... why do you always speak so little? Why do you never show any emotion whenever something happens? Is it... Is it because of me?"