The Sword

Epona's hooves kicked up dust as she galloped down the dirt road. Link looked ahead. He could already see the foggy treeline of the Lost Woods in the distance.

"Almost there." he thought.

Arriving at the ruined gates of the Great Hyrule Forest, he began to dismount Epona. The trip to Korok Forest from there was only a quick teleport away now. He turned to his loyal steed.

"I'll be back soon." he assured her. He then got out the Sheikah slate, as he began to zoom in to the shrine at the center of Korok Forest. Raising his finger, he got ready to teleport away.

Suddenly, just as he was about to do so, two arrows suddenly flew out from the brush and hit the slate, knocking it out of his hands. Spinning around, Link drew his royal bow. Looking to where the shot had come from, he quickly spotted someone hiding in the trees. He pulled out a shock arrow and fired.

"Argh!"

His attacker let out a cry of pain as he tumbled out of the tree he was hiding in. It was a Yiga archer. He suddenly began to hear the familiar sound of smoke poofing around him. Looking around him, he soon realized he was surrounded by Yiga assassins.

Hyoja stood among them, his hand clutching his demon carver.

"It took us long enough to catch up with you, Champion. The time to avenge our master is finally upon us."

Link looked around him.

"Your numbers seem fewer than the last time we met." he replied. "Did Kohga's death split your clan that much?"

Hyoja cackled in response.

"Once we have your head, the remaining Yiga will flock to us. Now then, let's finally get this over with. Archers!"

The Yiga archers all drew their bows.

"Fire!"

With that, they let loose a volley of arrows from every direction. Just as they opened fire, however, Link slammed his fists together. Daruk's Protection suddenly surrounded him, as the arrows all ricocheted off, cracking the shield, but leaving him unscathed.

The archers all looked shocked and confused at one another.

"Don't stand there! Keep firing till it breaks!" Hyoja ordered them.

Just as they were getting another volley ready, Link lowered the barrier and snapped his fingers. There was a mighty crash as bolts of lightning struck all around him, hitting the surrounding assassins, shocking them and leaving them stunned. Taking the opportunity, Link ran for it

"Argh!! Tch... After him! Don't let him get away!" Hyoja barked. Picking up the Sheikah slate from the ground, he turned it on. "I will be awaiting him right at his destination."

Meanwhile

Link raced through the woods, passing by flaming brazier after flaming brazier. He could hear the footsteps behind him, as the Yiga were hot on his trail.

A blademaster suddenly appeared before him, windcleaver drawn as he prepared to strike down the Champion with it.

Summoning Daruk's protection, Link let the blade come down. The blademaster was knocked back by the force of his weapon meeting the barrier. Taking the opportunity, Link drew his royal sword and slashed him a couple of times, before running past him.

"Hiyah!"

The Yiga continued to follow him, shooting arrows at him whenever they had the chance. Link winced in pain as a few hit him, yet he didn't slow down. Taking a moment, he quickly ran off the path and into the mist. The Yiga followed in after him. Confused, they looked around.