Journey to Akkala

Link gathered some supplies from the domain's general store. After the celebration from the night before, he had decided to leave in the morning. Sidon and some of the Zora waved goodbye as he left.

"Bye!"

"Goodbye!"

"Come back and visit soon!" Sidon called out.

Link waved slightly before leaving. He headed over the large waterfall behind Zora's Domain and swam up with his Zora armour. He arrived atop the mountain and continued on, past the ruins at Toto Lake. He looked out over the cliff into the landscape below. It was a slightly elevated area. There were very little trees in the region, as most of what he could see were grassy plains and small mountains.

Akkala. Purah had told him to head here to meet one of her colleagues. The map indicated he was somewhere further north in the region.

"Thoughts: Alright, I'll head to the Sheikah tower here first to get a better grip on my bearings. Then I'll head to the lab. But first, I'd better change into something more comfortable and easy to wander around in."

He switched his Zora gear for his Hylian trousers, white shirt and Champion's tunic, before paragliding off the cliff in the direction of the Sheikah tower. He noticed it had risen right through the remains of an old abandoned fortress.

"AH! Help!"

He looked down to see a man getting attacked by a moblin. Link sprung into action, quickly flying down and surprising the monster by stabbing it in the back a few times with the lightscale trident.

"-Pant- Thank you... I don't know what I'd have done if you hadn't shown up." the man said gratefully.

Link nodded briefly.

"What is this place?" he asked, pointing to the huge stone fortress before him.

"That? Those are the ruins of Akkala Citadel. During the Great Calamity, part of Hyrule's military fled here and mounted a defence against the hordes of Guardians. Unfortunately, most didn't survive the battle. Only a few lucky ones escaped. The rest were slaughtered." the traveller explained.

He pointed up at the tower.

"That thing popped out of it a while ago. The folks at the stable call it a bad omen. Personally, I don't know what to make of it."

"Is there a way leading up to the top of the fortress?" Link questioned.

"Well, on the other side, there's a dirt path that leads across the moat to a staircase that leads up to the top. But the entire place is filled with monsters and-"

He saw Link running off.

"Hey! Where are you going!?"

Link went all the way around the citadel, till he eventually found the path. As he crossed it, he heard a noise.

"Hmm?"

It was a sort of whirring noise. He turned around to see what appeared to be a flying Guardian! It looked like Guardian, except flipped upside down, and its legs replaced with strange pods that held some sort of spinning blade contraptions. Their eyes shone a dark pink searchlight as they passed.

As it flew over, its searchlight suddenly caught glimpse of Link.

"?"

It immediately aimed its eye at him, charging up its eye beam.

"Thoughts: Oh no..."

He booked it, running as fast as he could. He barely had enough speed to avoid a direct hit, but he was still caught in the explosion, knocking him forward and hurting him slightly.