44 - Interviews.

The taste of cherry dawdled in his tongue and Heather purred from the radio, spurring Aiden on to keep his hands tight on the wheel despite how impatient he has been growing with the white sand seemingly trying to ruin his windshield. Absolutely a blizzard coming—the Creative Director could only release a sigh, which he can visibly see dancing in front of him like smoke considering the weather.

He wouldn’t have driven out so late in the snow if he hadn’t spent most of the time watching his mother gawk at the massive closet of clothes (which he, blood and sweat, transferred up into her room with whatever’s left of his strength) he once told her she deserved. So when Helena learned he was the designer himself, of course the woman broke into tears and just insisted he eat pie with her downstairs before she could faint.

Apparently, a Creative Director even in his early career earns quite an out of the ordinary sum, not that Aiden was bragging, since it was true. He loves the financial relief he’s experiencing, but just as he promised himself back then, he wouldn’t want to rub it in other people’s faces that he has a more than stable amount of money now.

People have laughed at him for so many things back then—like at the fact that he was just a lowly son of an independent mother who has to work at a local diner and a shop—it was more of an honor than a burden to him.

The daily CNN weather report earlier announced it was officially a snow day, so he was off-desk-duty. It was enough justification for his mother to give him a quizzical look when she saw him twirling the car keys as he made a bee line for the garage. He told her he was merely going for a brief ride, but Helena already bore a knowing smirk.

Honestly, the milky scent teasing his nose at the moment was tempting. He knew it was obviously coming from none other than the box of goodies sitting right next to him, but he wouldn’t want Claire wondering why there was a hasty bite on one of their party brownies—and he just got back from the gym yesterday.

The sublime sight of his girlfriend’s home coming into frosted view got him smiling in relief. Steering the car into the extensive driveway, Aiden wasted no time turning the engine off whilst grabbing the fresh box beside him with a slight grunt.

“Well, that certainly took longer than usua–”

Noisily, the engine sputtered and within a few seconds, the sounds expelling from what seemed to be the internal structure of the KIA soon came to an end with a volatile squeak. Now, that wasn’t something that should emit from a car. Probably something with the transmission... Again.. Aiden grumbled and shook his head.

There was no point in denying anyway. He has been planning to buy a far more fetching one, and he has his options referred by Heine long before since the man had an eye with a variety. But as much as he wanted a new, sweet ride, he already made a much more preferable purchase.

Like the tiny, velvet box he’s fumbling with right now in his pocket.

He nearly jumped out of his composure.

“Hey, you,” she grinned, hurriedly stepping out and he heard the glass doors slide smoothly, not even scraping against the granite floor. Her motions were just as effortless, anyhow, as she shifted herself closer to him, and she looked rather... Skittish.

Aiden chuckled, shoving a hand to his pockets nervously, “Hey yourself,” he pecked her lips shortly, but before he could pull away, she extended the duration of their passionate embrace with a low hum, “Mmh. Cherry. Tell your mother she bakes wonders,” she smirked—though she really liked the older woman’s pies, but his lips made a fine plate.

He darkly blushed, a sheepish smile quirking his lips as his stare wavered from her figure to the ground.

Elsa backed away—drinking in his flushed skin, from his dimples to his cheeks, the little specks of white sticking out of his black locks which used to be combed neatly if it wasn’t for the outdoors. It almost seemed like the green of his eyes were stirring with the reflection of the grassy hill they stargazed on many months back.