28 - Confessions.

“You’re being silly.”

“I’m always silly.”

She giggled, her cheeks blooming pink. He loved that sound she makes, his only favorite; the playlists in his phone be damned, and the state they are in now was beautiful, nothing could ever change his mind, and perhaps his heart forever. More than anything the woman lying on the comfy bed of his clothed body could ever imagine—and for now it was all that he could ever give.

An endless ceiling of stars, periwinkle clouds and a looming full moon.

They both nestled in the inflatable bed he randomly had in his trunk. She had laughed at his bare feet when she saw him shimmy out of his retro pair of Converse, but sooner or later her feet were as bare as his, her pair of flats resting next to the hill’s protruding grass.

It’s almost been an hour since he laced his fingers around hers, but Elsa wasn’t getting any tired with the fluttering sensation she found brewing in her stomach as he did this. She was swept into a new world, and she had successfully ran away from the real one, and she didn’t mind.

“What are you doing?” she laughed, again, since she noticed he wasn’t paying much attention to the stars but her face instead. His features showed no smile, yet it’s clear he wasn’t frowning. He was mesmerized.

“Counting your freckles. They’re really few.”

Oh, she thought, how embarrassing. “I must’ve forgotten to redo my make-up... I don’t really like them being seen...”

“But they’re yours, and they look pretty,” he whispered genuinely, sincerity evident among his words, “Why hide them?” he gently asked out of interest, though he really didn’t want them concealed so he could keep connecting every dot on her skin. The growing curl in her lips was endearing to him, especially when he felt her give his hand a little squeeze.

She chuckled, refocusing her gaze at the night sky. “The stars are up there,” she pointed out teasingly, and pointed a finger to her face, “Not here.”

Aiden blinked curiously, and recovered his stargazing. She smelled like peppermint this time, must be from when he saw her ordering another regular scoop of choco-mint earlier. His eyes looked like shifting, unsteady emeralds studying the gleaming diamonds up in an unreachable high. The image of stars was reflected in his brilliant green orbs. His eyes looked like they bore an entire galaxy.

“Pretty eyes,” she murmured.

“Mmh?”

“I’ll call you that,” Elsa declared silently, “Pretty eyes. Suits you.”

“You can call me whatever you like. I’d love anything,” He rose from where he lay, and rummaged through his satchel, “Smile for the cam.”

Elsa eyed the light yellow Instax in his hands, not even expecting its flash. Watching as a polaroid dropped to her boyfriend’s hand, he waved it around slightly before he showed her her picture, a toothy smile gracing his face as he did so.

“You’re beautiful in the dark, or in the light,” he says, thus slipping the little token into her fingers, “Keep this to prove you that.”

She stared at the picture, dumbfounded.

“The world thinks you’re beautiful, I think so too,” He calmly returned to his place beside her, an arm now around her shoulder, “But that isn’t important. It’s better to know it yourself that you’re beautiful. Inside and out. With freckles or not. You’re astonishing.”