4 - Discussions.

Arendelle Residence | Evening

“So you and mister Aiden are in love?”

Gerda could only console the platinum blonde woman with a reassuring smile, since just like the starry eyed four-year-old’s mother, the head maid has been wondering herself why the little girl is asking challenging questions nowadays.

It’s no longer a theory that Claire is too smart for her own good.

Meanwhile, Elsa didn’t want to be the one to have the unwanted honor of saying the brief ‘No’ even though she knew she would have to soon, because knowing her child, her given reaction’s already presumed.

I’m sorry I keep disappointing you, love.

“Mama?”

Having no choice, Elsa constrained a smile to squeeze through her face and lowered herself down to her baby girl’s height, taking one of Claire’s chubby hands and whispering, “Can mama tell you her answer later, sweetie?”

Claire tilted her head in confusion before nodding—but before she could allow her mother to rise back up, she took a hold around her wrist and hope was glittering in her eyes. “Please promise to answer this time.”

Elsa bit her lip and forced herself to nod, “I promise.”

With that, the four-year-old gave her mother a toothy grin and picked up the stuffed bunny bereft and lying on the floor, her little form rushing over to the silent man with excitement obvious in her speedy doll-shoed steps.

“Let’s go play, Aiden!” Claire gleefully invited, craning her neck to meet the handsome man’s dazed stare. The secretary shook himself out of his oblivion and ruffled the child’s hair, “Sorry kiddo. I gotta return home.”

Elsa did her best to avoid somebody else’s gaze, especially the tense secretary’s, and Claire found herself comparing her mother’s cheeks to the color of strawberries.

“P-please join us... For dinner.”

Aiden’s breath hitched, and he burrowed his hands into his pockets bashfully at his boss’s generous offer. He has this aching need to decline by default, but he didn’t want to turn down the innocent child’s expectation for him to stay.

“Sure.”

Claire cheered and grabbed the secretary’s hand, then her mother’s before pulling them towards the lavish dining room (or can it be a hall?) consisting the sight of pricey silverware and plates being appointed in front of velvet seats, and the glass table determining the room’s massive size made Aiden immediately speechless.

“Come on and sit!”

“Ladies first,” Aiden quietly mumbled before pulling a seat and assisting a squealing Claire to sit, propping her down on the cushion after hoisting her up like she was a trifling doll.

“Woah! You’re very strong! Mama says I weigh tons,” The little girl giggled.

“Because you really do,” Elsa teased.

“Dumbbells are heavier,” Aiden replies with a small smile, “Say, kiddo, what’s your favorite food?”

“Chocowate!”

“It’s chocolate, my love,” Elsa laughed, emphasizing the L.

Elapsing time froze and the clock’s hands paused in Aiden’s perspective.

Her milky white teeth showed, and her lids closed and exposed more of that addictive eyeshadow when her laughter reminded Aiden of what pure music sounds like.