18 - Siblings.

They can call her clingy, but Elsa felt especially attached to Aiden today; not only because she hasn’t seen him for the past few days, it was just a sudden instinct which kicked in a while ago. Aiden didn’t seem to mind, and he loved having her arm linked around his but he would like it more if it were their hands. Although this his first serious relationship and he didn’t want to mess things up by being too forward—he was so tense and nervous Elsa found it too adorable.

Together, along with an ecstatic Claire holding her mother’s hand, they walked throughout the narrow hallways of the fourth floor of Dalton Medicare, Aiden dragging the metal pole of his drip, or IV and mentally counting the days he didn’t get to go to the gym with low grumbles.

“Where are we going?” Elsa chuckled at his furrowed expression. “Somewhere. I don’t like being stuck in bed all day.”

“When will you get out of here?” Claire innocently questioned, and Aiden wondered that too. He can already guess the hospital bill can take up this month’s salary and he’s not too happy about it; but the cost was worth it and he was the one confined, not Elsa, and that was more than good enough for him.

“I still do not know when they will discharge me,” Aiden hid his frown with a smile, he really hates being left alone with his thoughts, “Hopefully they will soon. In fact they should actually do that right now.”

“Do you want to die or something?” Elsa raised an unamused brow, “Heine wouldn’t want his efforts going to waste with that decision.”

“Wait—what do you mean—HEINE?!” Aiden nearly yelled, and he apologized quickly to the flinching nurse pushing a cart passing by, “Don’t tell me he...”

“He did. And please don’t pay him back, you don’t need to. Let me tell you, he pays for things as if they cost only a penny,” Elsa comforted, “He doesn’t usually help other people this way.”

“Oh...” Aiden frowned, he can thank the guy later. He wasn’t ungrateful, but he wanted to pay for it himself and it was his choice to save someone—it wasn’t just some gallant act rotting because someone else faced the aftershocks.

“Shh, it’s okay,” Elsa smiled, noticing his sudden discomfort, a hand brushing against his dimples and he loved her hands, they were soft and gentle he could feel them forever, “Don’t think about it so much.”

His arm slipped around her waist and he nudged her closer, and Elsa was just glad Claire was too busy watching a surgeon exit a room and speak with a doctor to miss the moment where Aiden stole a kiss, and she laughed against his lips and she told him to behave or he wouldn’t be getting anything more, but he knew she loved him too much to resist.

Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to be a bit bold, after all.

“Elsa?”

Aiden swallowed the forming lump in his throat.

Seeing her hands on her hips, Aiden didn’t know someone could stare down a person to their weakest point while simultaneously gawking in surprise—such a skill only Anna Bjorgman can do, if he was not mistaken, but he has gotten a clear description of what the woman looks like and right now, Aiden can guarantee she is the one currently standing before them a few yards away, hardly moving an inch out of what could be shock.

A fine dusting of freckles are plastered across her nose to her cheeks, and her eye pigmentation is noticeably many shades warmer than her sister’s. Her hair is what can catch anyone’s attention, seeing how she is a redhead. Her skin isn’t as pale as Elsa’s, but she does have the same nose structure.