49 - Celebrations (EP. 03)

“Mom! You made it!”

Helena looked absolutely horrified at her son’s vocal relief, a dramatic hand swept to her chest as she stepped down from the glossy limousine with little to no stability. She really appreciated the pair of Louboutin’s adorning her feet right now, but it didn’t mean they were the most comfortable footwear to prance around with. Now she knew why she had a hard time bidding farewell to her son’s four thousand bucks at that day.

“I just can’t believe you, sugar,” Helena huffed, before failing on her third attempt to leave the vehicle. She saw the couple approach her to take each of her arms to be of assistance, and she mumbled a brief ‘thanks’ as she frantically smoothed out her formal skirt.

“You’d really think I would miss out on this? Repeat what I told you that got you proposing your ass down!”

Aiden rolled his eyes, “You will be baking no pie for me for the rest of my life if I won’t gather the guts to get it done. Those words exactly, as far as I can remember.”

“While that pie really is to die for,” Elsa smirked, scooting closer to her fiancé, “I sure do hope I didn’t get a nice, handsome husband just because of a dessert. That’d be a quite a tale to tell.”

Bringing her in for a brief kiss, Aiden rubbed gentle circles on the blonde’s cheek with his thumb, “Hush, you. Pies out of the question—you got me because of that cheeky little smile of yours; might I add your patience and love for me. And please keep it in mind that, I love you too—maybe way more than I think so. We clear, kjære?”

Elsa’s heart skipped a beat, as it always does whenever he would use her native language. She was putty in his hands every time. “Klar,” she spoke with equal affection.

A loud cough interrupted from where Helena was.

“Break it up for a while, you two,” Helena joked, “Save the rest for the exchanging of vows. I have a new daughter-in-law to hog to myself now, thank you very much.”

Elsa laughed softly as the older woman linked their arms together in glee, letting Helena whisk her away inside the grand venue with a healthy conversation brightening each of their step. While Aiden didn’t have any choice but to walk behind the two women he adored the most, he was certain that everything has been shaping up to what he wanted.

What he had always wanted.

“Have you both decided when the wedding would be?”

“We have actually decided on that subject already, together,” Elsa winked knowingly, sending a glance towards her fiancé’s way, “We were thinking fourteenth of February. Or earlier, if we can prepare fast but efficiently.”

“Woah, that’s next month. Well, the excitement is obvious anyway,” Helena teased, “But please, tell me if you two need some help with the planning, preparation and vice-versa. I’ll be right here.”

The Creative Director gave his mother a side-hug, “But that matter aside, mom, I think it’s finally time you enjoy and stress about nothing when all your life you’ve been doing everything to put food on the table. Just relax.”

“I just offered my help–damn,” Helena chuckled. She turned to her son’s fiancée, pride noteworthy in her eyes. “This is what I’ve been talking about sweetheart, you’re in good hands and I’ll give you my word for it. He may be stubborn like rock but he’s the doe-eyed idiot always by our beck and call.”

“Don’t I know it,” Elsa gave the man’s hand a gentle squeeze, and he warmly returned the gesture back.

Helena paused, a nervous breath chasing a conscious smile. A forced one.