20 - Panoramas.

Claire was so sure she was dreaming of the familiar scenic tower accommodating the same strawberry skies she saw two years ago when she was dressed in a dress composed of baby pink ruffles and few sequins, as her vision closed and opened awake in a very annoying pattern caused by her previous nap. And since when could she fly—or perhaps have grown taller in a span of a few hours?

“Mama...” she stretched out a weak hand when she saw her mother walking in tow, pulling a light baggage behind her, and the ground seemed like cobblestone underneath the moving pair of shoes when Claire recovered some of her energy. Smiling; the woman brushed her falling fringes away to see her child’s eyes more clearly. “Hi. Did you have a good nap?”

Claire nodded, albeit in a drowsy way. She shifted and rubbed her eyes with pudgy fists, turning her head into another direction only to find the crook of Aiden’s neck. Green orbs met her widening blues, and a warm grin quirked the secretary’s dimples upon seeing the awoken child in his arms. “Hey, princess. Still sleepy?”

Her weariness completely faded, her lips dissolving into a bright smile. Noticing the speedy change with her daughter’s mood, Elsa itched to just take out her camera and immortalize the scene she was witnessing if it wasn’t for the—knowing Anna—five star hotel waiting for them just a few blocks away.

“You’re like Mr. Carrots,” Aiden liked hearing that adorable giggle, “You’re really warm.”

He raised an amused brow, “Mr. Carrots?”

“My toy bunny,” Claire explained, “You haven’t met him yet?” Aiden pursed his lips and shook his head, “I believe I haven’t had the pleasure.” Excitedly perking up, Claire promised a lofty introduction with a beam and didn’t bother to insist to be put down.

Like the CEO has guessed, her younger sister has indeed booked a place that could keep up to her level. Her unbounded blonde tresses flowed at the sudden cold gust of air from the air conditioning stationed above their heads as they walked past the entrance.

Anna flashed the front desk a smile and as far as Aiden could understand the foreign language—a skill the Winters Residence’s head chef praised—the redhead greeted the brunette clad in formality and wanted to make some “room adjustments” at an unusually quick pace.

Elsa’s brows furrowed.

Fortunately Anna hid her smirk of success since she had her back turned on her older sibling. Mischief was up to her sleeve and her efforts related to this sudden trip shouldn’t be wasted. The group watched a pair of lavishly dressed carriers arrive, and oh well, this is truly France after all.

A few minutes of a rather silent discussion in the reception, Anna distributed their hotel key cards, and as Elsa predicted, two rooms—No, suites, sensing the massive dining area along with a kitchen in Kristoff and Anna’s respective one. Anna is more than fond of luxury, but there were things she preferred doing on her own and not someone else’s services unless necessary.

Elsa’s eyes roamed over her brother in law and sister’s room and oddly enough, the spacious suite had three beds instead of one.

“Dear sister,” Anna’s voice was sickeningly sweet and polite, as her hand motioned to the Smiggle backpack around her sister’s arm, “Claire’s bag, please.”

Suspicion rose within her mind, and reluctantly Elsa surrendered the pink thing over to her sister’s awaiting hands, “Why though?” “Give me Claire, too. So she could settle in with us.”