27 - Hills.

Another drop raced down—then another, then another, and so did her eyes as they followed, her soul basked under the dim moonlight and the lovely crooning of Colton Avery. The speakers of the bright red Kia were playing the designer’s playlist, while the tires rolled against the damp asphalt in a tranquil 60.

His luminous gaze roamed every bit of her presence sitting on the passenger’s seat, her braid sticking out from her hoodie which carried his scent, the one he wondered why she liked wearing so much. Gone were her usual pencil skirt and blazers, or the woman possessing all the authority in the office.

The one riding in his car with him was Elsa, only Elsa.

Her aura always seems to change for him whenever she changes her attire, and he preferred her either way, or any way, but some how he liked seeing this side of her more often, the one who would tap her fingertips against her lap with a dazed stare.

❝What is it about the night?

That wakes up your face in my mind,❞

She looked beautiful, she looked vulnerable.

Oh, he hoped she wasn’t worried. He meant, not too worried. Her brows aren’t knitted, so that was a good sign. Aiden looked away, returning his attention back to the road. She have shyly asked if she could ride with him home, at the time avoiding eye contact, and he found it adorable. Agreeing with a little side hug, Elsa saw a very happy Anna that early evening since the redhead finally got the honor to drive the delicious Ferrari.

And tortures me ‘til the sun rises

that leaves me alive to find...

“H-hey,” she eventually called. Aiden immediately whirled his head. “Yes?”

“Let’s go somewhere... I don’t know,” she sighed, “Some place you know, I guess. I don’t want to go home yet. Please?”

He slowly nodded, getting what she meant. His right hand abandoned the steering wheel, sliding down to meet her left. Inside he was reluctant, but now that he’s gained a bit of confidence he picked up her hand and clutched it in his, careful not to hurt her with his superior grip. His lips met the back of her hand, their warmth grazing against her cold skin due to the cold air of the vehicle.

Elsa saw the goofy grin which met her knuckles, and it sent her a thrilling notion to course through her. She didn’t like running away from problems since it sounded so immature—but for once, she could act like a child for all she could care. How she wanted to get away from the world.

❝The things that I dreamed of were gone with goodbye.❞

Her eyes closed, savoring the sensation.

She’s in love.

No doubt about it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

She heard his car door shove close, after she saw him jump out of his seat to open her own door to reach out a hand towards her, inviting and kind just like the unwavering excitement in his eye, the one always bearing that gleeful twinkle just like the stars winking happily at them when she meekly left the car, hands in the hoodie’s pockets nervously.