48 - Celebrations (EP. 02)

Elsa sighed.

Perhaps this is the twentieth business associate on the guest list they’ve shaken hands with—or was it the nineteenth? It was only understandable for her to lose count already anyway, because combining the number of partners and close contacts Arendelle Capital and Arendelle Co. has, her cheeks has grown sore from all the dazzling smiles she’s given every soul who would do some formal small-talk and wander to their own respective table.

She had to admit, she was glad she called a very eager Liam (who is also currently in attendance, since as he have shrieked to the phone—he wouldn’t miss it for the world) a week ago to help her handle the aesthetics regarding the decor of the venue, where she found relief in as she welcomed another stranger to the event with a smile barely reaching her eyes anymore.

On the brighter side of the occasion, though, it seems that her particular “unwanted” visitors has not arrived yet—a thought she really doesn’t want to keep bringing up to her mind—since just thinking about her fiancé meeting the same people who have witnessed who she used to be makes her stomach clench. So much for saving herself from predicaments.

“Hey, darl, you alright?”

She snapped out of her stupor at the sound of Aiden’s voice, among the violins and cello playing classical tunes in the background. Took you long enough, she thought to herself breezily. It was time she noticed Aiden wasn’t greeting anyone specifically at the moment, which made her relax slightly.

“Yes, don’t worry, I am,” Elsa flashed him a tired smile, but he saw past her facade, as he always do. Aiden slid an arm around her gently and kissed her cheek, “Take a little weight off your shoulders. We’ll be okay soon enough. I don’t even know how long I’ve been holding my last breath earlier—but I’m right here with you.”

“I know,” she squeezed his hand, “I’m just really dazed. I’m so sorry if you don’t even feel like it’s our day, love.”

“I’m really pleasured you invited me, Miss Arendelle. Congratulations–”

Aiden grinned, “Merry Christmas!”

The guest backed away slowly due to the Creative Director’s peculiar outburst before dragging his feet elsewhere around the venue, enstranged. Aiden whirled his head around calmly, yet the grin he bore only widened at the sight he found.

A hand now over her a mouth, Elsa laughed—not too loudly to maintain the air of grace she always kept around herself—but well anyway, she is laughing, much to Aiden’s success, because of that little impromptu trick he did.

“Goodness, l-love,” she playfully whacked his arm, “You got me breathless there for a minute. What was that for?”

He chuckled, “You and your frown.”

“Aww,” she giggled.

Aiden took her hand in his own, feeling the cold of her engagement ring seep into his fingers without a care. “You don’t have to apologize for anything. It will always be our day, and all the days before we spent together are just as significant. It’s just that,” He smiled, “Today, we keep it in mind that in a certain date, I’ll be the one to unveil you and promise you everything.”

Her gaze softened, as he pressed on the matter further why she shouldn’t be so disappointed with herself. She could see the stars embroidered to his eyes, as he made sure that the guests were too busy chatting away to mutuals so he could passionately plant a quick kiss on her lips. Feeling like she needs more, he squeezed her into a hug.

“All better now?” He mumbled to her hair.

She nodded against his chest. She leaned closer to where his lips was, and got drunk off of the cologne he wore. The tension between her and the party almost faded.