22 - Ultimatums (EP. 01)

“She is quite sprightly, isn’t she?” Aiden smirked, letting his girlfriend nod with a bright smile right beside him—a proud mother’s smile, that’s what he would call it, it reached her eyes and whenever her gaze would find Claire she seemed to glow. They’ve been sitting around in the fancy café for nearly two hours now since they decided to take a break from all the walking.

The half-eaten chocolate soufflé in front of him didn’t stand a chance earning his attention; it was ridiculous he was looking for a gym in the middle of a week-long break.

Elsa chuckled, “She draws a lot. Her teacher always comments that she’s always at the top of her art class and no one could break the streak.”

“That’s pure talent,” Aiden smiled, “After all, I’ve seen more than enough pretty views and I haven’t drawn anything. I shouldn’t let the kid beat me to it.”

France—more likely Paris—is breathtaking and fascinating at the same time. No, he didn’t strut around donning a beret, but the last few hours have been fun. He brought his camera with him, and Elsa has commented a time or two that he has a knack for photography. Seeing the Mona Lisa personally trapped the breaths seeking exit down his throat since it truly was a nifty piece, alongside other paintings.

Elsa is a form of art herself. He was lucky that she never catches him sketching her existence wildly whenever she wasn’t looking.

There was another reason his satchel was heavy, besides the thick sketchpad and the case of different pencils. The Instax camera was loaded with enough polaroids to capture lasting moments, and so far each shot resembled an Elsa kissing his cheek with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

The Notre Dame Cathedral was another ‘woah.’ Anna has insisted on a group photo which she would probably later on post somewhere, the one where Aiden was the photographer since they couldn’t risk the media knowing about this, although to their eyes their relationship wasn’t something scandalous.

Yet, the society is judgemental as it is. The infamous “secret boss and secretary” relationship trope is another issue, an unspoken matter the couple couldn’t discuss.

It never did occur to him why Elgon didn’t publicize their formerly faux relationship for his advantage. At some point Aiden guesses the fallen businessman didn’t buy Elsa’s little act; and Elgon has zero chances to expose the real deal now with his tarnished reputation and his current state in jail.

The group made sure that the rest of the tourist spots can all be explored tomorrow. They didn’t want the fun to run out, while it never will, not as long as Anna’s around.

“Aiden, these are...”

Aiden scratched the nape of his neck, a deep blush gracing his cheeks; it seems that his girlfriend has found the sketches of herself. But instead of seeing the Elsa sketches he saw the DIFFERENT ones instead. A talent his university friends have made fun of, under not so embarrassing circumstances.

Elsa breathed out, finally completing her compliment, “Brilliant, and perfect.”

The blush painting his cheeks intensified, but chagrin never rose since sincerity was dripping off in every word of the woman silently gushing as she flipped past each unique page. The smile on her face kept gradually growing, and soon her eyes came in contact with his.