46 - Midnight Memories.

The night progressed blissfully.

Despite the fact of how Claire was obviously very underage for the park attractions offering extremity, that didn't really stop Aiden from giving a four-year-old and his girlfriend the time of their lives.

While anyone would have figured that the radical rides were merely just the trademark portions of Coney Island, there were also child-friendly rides that has given Aiden the opportunity to make most of the evening-none rollercoaster ones, sad as it was. Not much of a spectacular idea to Claire when she pouted-but nothing piggyback rides can't fix.

The vivid carousel was the first thing Claire pointed at with glowing delirium, and she practically begged for a spin the moment she gaped at the porcelain ponies seemingly sinking and rising to multiple riders' glee.

The couple behind her was too relenting to her excitement. As Elsa prevented her daughter from deciding on a spot for eternity, she found a second to spare to notice a bereft Aiden taking out his camera to capture the moment; in a race with vibrant blurs.

Claire's interest took a bit of a wilder turn when Aiden showed off the Bumper Cars. It was then Elsa played as substitute to take a picture of a squealing little girl and an equally grinning Creative Director altogether steering the wheel after accidentally bumping against a fellow rider.

Aiden especially made time for the only locomotor ride, which was specifically the colorful train traveling around and about. They've paid, chosen the area which promised the color pink and rode around the amusement park, and around their heart's content.

There were already other polaroids consisting pictures of an occupied Claire clutching a bag of popcorn and one where the three of them were chowing on corn dogs. Elsa was relieved to know that the four year old has eaten a proper dinner before they've even arrived at the place.

At first Elsa thought perhaps the concept of spinning mechanism was growing old to Claire, but apparently it wasn't-not when they saw the Cup and Saucer ride which got Claire smitten faster than a blink of an eye.

She has given Aiden a brief glance-as they spun and he was at the middle of taking out his Instax-that clearly asked if he was growing quite exhausted with the child's energy. He shook his head with all honesty and gave her a quick peck on her cheek.

But as much as Aiden was happy to pursue Coney Island-there were far more essential matters he still need to tend to, specifically his drumming heart and the box inside his pocket.

He was sitting on one of the park's benches with his head sinking among layers in deep wonder, snow be damned as he didn't even pull an effort to put on his hood, unlike the two blondes playing a snowball fight in front of him because the cold was not the only reason responsible for the blood rushing to his cheeks.

He also hoped that Elsa didn't notice the slight distance he kept from her, but he was sure she won't, not when they are both too busy keeping up with the little girl's enthusiasm. He did try to centralize the night between the two of them only, but Claire was such an important part of it all it was a bit impossible to get Elsa alone in an important moment.

Not that Claire was a burden, because she is most certainly not-Aiden could even say the way she senses and thinks was not that of a four year old's.

She have paused in the middle of her and her mother's shared game and has looked at him with such observance Aiden thought a child can never possess. The girl has made sure that the second she checked his state from afar, her mother was focused on scooping up snow.

And she knew that was her cue. Straight up dropping the snow she collected, she quickly approached Aiden with weary eyes and a yawn, but he could've sworn he saw her wink as she informed him she was sleepy. Aiden even guessed she knew her mother won't even suspect her act, not when Elsa knows that they've done quite a lot around the park.