2

"Hero names are not my forte, so I will leave this to you, Midnight." Eraser immediately went back into his sleeping bag after remembering how Present Mic chose his hero name for him. Midnight then explained how important hero names were. They reflected what kind of hero you wanted to be. White boards were passed around the class as Midnight spoke "Pick your names and and come on up to the podium. I will see if they are worthy or not!"

The students shifted in their seats, not wanting to present their hero names to the whole class. Iris looked down at her board. She realized that she had made one of the most stupid mistakes in her life: she never thought of a hero name. "Shit." she cursed. Mina noticed her remark.

"You okay girlie? If you're nervous, you don't have to go first, take your time! We have the whole class anyways."

Iris smiled back at her "Thanks, Mina, I think I'll be okay. It's not that I'm nervous, it's just that I've never thought of a hero name in my life. Embarrassing, right? A hero in training who never even gave a thought to her hero name."

"That's a unique case! It's okay though, you can do it! I believe in you!"

Iris let out a chuckle and looked back at her board. What kind of hero do i want to be? What is my quirk? What can I do? Do I want a long or short name? These were all questions that passed through her mind.

~~~~~

After a few minutes, Ayoyama bravely volunteered to reveal his hero name. "Brace yourselves..." Everyone turned their attention to him. "The shining hero: I Cannot Stop Twinkling! Mon ami, you can't deny my sparkle!" Everyone's faces went from curious to completely weirded out. Iris held herself back from laughing.

Holy shit! This guy is bold! This class is starting to get interesting

Midnight modified some words on his board. She changed the "cannot" to "can't" and removed the "I".

This teacher likes it? Props to you then! Thats got to be one of the weirdest names I have ever heard.

Iris was holding in her laugh even harder now. If someone didn't come up with a serious name soon, she will not be able to conceal her amusement any longer.

~~~~~

Many different names passed in front of the podium.

Mina settled with Pinky after Alien queen was not accepted. Why did she decline that? I liked it, I don't see the problem.

Todoroki and Iida settled with their first names from some reason, Iida looking more upset about it.

Iris liked Momo's name a lot. Creati. Smart. Nice

Then came Deku's name, which was, evidently, Deku. He chose something useless and gave it a completely different meaning. Iris had developed a certain amount of respect for Midoyria. Mina had told her that it was the name Bakugou gave him, since they were childhood friends.

Bakugou's name got rejected twice. His names were King Explosion Murder and Lord explosion murder.

It was the end for her. She couldn't contain her laughter anymore. The names sounded exactly like a middle school gamer tag you would find in a multiplayer. She instantly covered her mouth and dropped her head on her desk, hoping that Bakugou wouldn't see her. He did. She screamed in her direction "Shut up and stop laughing!" Iris snapped out from her state, still drunk from laughter. She rose an eyebrow and and smirked.

"Me? I wasn't doing anything. What are you talking about?"

"I saw you laughing Eyes, don't play dumb with me!" At this point, everyone was staring at the interaction between the two of you.

"Eyes? Is that your nickname for me? I know mine are cool, but I didn't know you liked them that much!" Some members of the class gasped in awe at your remark while some remained silent. Bakugou was going to say something back, but Midnight stopped him and sent him back to his seat. "Alight then! I think we have one person left to present their name. It's you Ms. Morningstar, isn't it? Well come on up!"

The brown-haired girl stepped up on the podium. She turned her board towards the class. A single word was displayed and she read it out loud.

"Oculus"

Curiosity overwhelmed the students. They know nothing about her or her quirk. Why did she choose this name? Midnight caught on to their expressions, having the same questions herself and questioned her. "It's an extremely creative name, Ms Morningstar, I absolutely adore it but, since we barely know anything about you, would you mind telling us what it means to you?"

"Of course! I was going to do it anyways. Oculus is the Latin word for eyes. Since my quirk is related to feeling and seeing things around me, this is what I chose. I want to be a hero that can reach everyone, even in the darkest of places. I want people to feel safe knowing that they are under my watch. I need to show them that when I'm around, villains are nothing to worry about, because I can see and feel them all." Iris looks over at Midnight, who gives a nod of approval along with a soft smile. Everyone started cheering Oculus in celebration of her hero name.

Suddenly, Deku's voice popped up out of nowhere as he grabs his notebook "Morningstar, what is your quirk anyways?" Iris' classmates turned to her, seeking an answer. Even Mina forgot to ask.

"You'll see."