26

Iris fell in and out of consciousness during her time there. The villains bandaged her head and stopped the bleeding, but it did nothing for her condition. All the energy she had left was used for healing, which resulted in constant fatigue. During the times she was awake, she tried to pinpoint where she was and learn the names of her kidnappers, just like she had trained. They were Dabi, Toga, Spinner, Mr. Compress, Magne, Kurogiri and the leader, Shigaraki Tomura. He was the one to attack Class 1-A at the USJ, she read it on the news.

Hour after hour, the villains tried their best to manipulate Bakugou and Iris into becoming one of them. Their spirits were strong, so it wouldn't work. Their presences gave each other more courage to keep their chins up and not loose hope.

Bakugou especially kept an eye on Iris and her health. It wasn't in good shape at all. It's a good thing her own body protected her and kept her alive.

On the second day of the kidnapping, they tried once again to talk them out of becoming heroes.

"Young Shigaraki." A voice came from the TV in the back of the bar.

"Yes, Master?"

Bakugou was kept separated from Iris, for some parts of the day, for security measures. He didn't hear Shigaraki talk to his Master.

Master? So you're not the final boss?

Something about his voice stirred Iris. It sent shivers down her spine. What was even more terrifying, was that this man spoke carefully, minding every word he said. His voice was as smooth as silk, just like a politician or an audiobook.

"Let me talk to Ms Morningstar for a while, I'm sure you understand."

"Of course." The rest of the villains left the room, leaving 'Master' and Iris alone.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Ms Morningstar. I've heard a lot about you."

Iris stayed silent.

"Not much of a talker, I see. After all, you prefer to stay home and play video game, do you not?"

She continues to keep her mouth shut.

"What's wrong? Not surprised that I know so much about you?"

"It's not hard to get information about anyone these days. What you said is nothing special, everyone knows that."

"Smart girl, as expected from UA. I saw you fight to save Bakugou, you look very determined. Your skills are incredible."

"Flattery will bring you nowhere, whatever you say wont sway me to your side."

"Who said anything about sides? It's just how you perceive it. Sometimes, the heroes get a bad image from the media, no? And yet they're the good guys, aren't they? No matter how much one tries, they will never be able to please everyone. But, some people stick out, just like you. To society, you're an embodiment of perfection, correct? That's not what you feel deep down, though."

"What do my feelings have to do with you?"

"You long for freedom. The pressure being put on you is overwhelming. Your quirk doesn't help you much either, doesn't it?"

He's right. This guy know how to get someone's attention.

"You know, you play the game well, I was almost persuaded...if I was normal. I can handle myself, and us heroes can play the game and win even better~" she let out a chuckle.

"It seems that we have the same thinking."

"We may, but do not ever think that I'll join you~"

"And what if Bakugou were to join us? Would you follow him? You seem to have a close connection to him. He displays it as well."