17

Iris couldn't tell the time. She didn't even know where she was or how to get out.

She was stuck inside a maze in which she had to reach to the middle. At least, that's what she thought. Iris started ro panic. Usually, Iris was good at puzzles, and a maze with wall that move every few minutes shouldn't have been a big problem. She thought she would be wrong.

Boy she thought wrong.

Iris was bombarded with a voice distracting her as she was running. They said the most horrid things to her. The worst part was, she recognized the voice.

It was her own.

She degraded herself in so many ways, blaming herself for her parents death.

"Wouldn't it be better if you just went with them? Then you wouldn't have to be alone~"

"Nobody loves anymore, they're all dead. People only like you because you're pretty and useful. Nothing more~"

He voice was mocking her. It reminded her of many things she had done. She couldn't escape.

It was these events gradually leading up to the monitor acting up.

Wherever she ran, she couldn't escape or block out the noise. Internally, she knew that what was said had been dealt with a long time ago.

But was it really?

Iris was about to give up. The last time she was this stressed was very long ago.

Then she remembered. This was her mind. This was a simulation. Bakugou was waiting outside for her. He didn't leave, she still felt his aura. He was still there for when she would decide to wake up. Iris inhaled deeply. She closed her eyes and slowly surrounded herself with her life energy. Soon enough, everything went black, but she was still there. Her eyes glowed a bright blue and purple, some of it flowing out of her eyes, allowing her to see everything.

This isn't real.

~~~~~

The monitors flatlined. Everyone in the room immediately stood up and went to the computers.

"Oi, Mr Aizawa! What the hell is happening!?" screamed Bakugou with his head in his hands.

the monitor reactivated and short circuited. The sound of glass breaking and falling to the floor was heard, followed by the gushing of liquid that spilled. Iris awoke and ripped the oxygen tube from her mouth, as well as the pads on her head, as she loudly gasped for air. Her eyes wide open and her breathing fast paced, her body was still not used to her coming back without a warning. In between short breaths, Iris asked "Did I...pass?"

"Oi, Iris you almost fucking died and the first thing you ask is if you passed the exam!?"

"Bakugou! Watch your language!" Aizawa was quick to scold him.

Iris stared at Bakugou, relieved to hear his voice. She calmed down and smiled at him.

"Yup~"

Recovery girl then answered her question. "Yes you did, sweetheart. Hurry off now and go clean yourself up!" Iris cheered while running her hands through her hair. She then realized where she was and all the damage she had caused.
Her teacher noticed her concern and said "Don't worry about the equipment, the principal will handle it. Now go."

Still in an adrenaline rush, Iris skipped over to the bathroom, Bakugou right after her, matching her pace.

"Those two have a weird dynamic, but it's cute." remarked Recovery Girl

"I don't know what happened at their internship, since they were together, but something is a bit different."

~~~~~

Iris is now fully dry. She and her friend sat once again in a lounging room, now waiting for Bakugou's exam to begin. Iris found a drink and a snack in a vending machine in the nearby hall, which helped her nerves die down even more.

Bakugou went back to being his angry self. Iris sighs. "So, what are you gonna so about your exam?"

"What do you mean by that? I'm with stupid Deku. This is bullshit! And All Might is underestimating me!"

"Look, Bakugou, I know is sucks ass to work with someone you don't like, I would know. But this is one exam. Just cooperate for now and then ignore it. Pass the exam for your own benefit. Do your best to prove to All Might that he was wrong to underestimate you. It's that simple."

"Still, this is bullshit!"

"If you really don't like it, I'll be watching, so try and impress me~"

"Am I your entertainment now?"

"Maybe~ but this is just to get your mind off of things~"

"Whatever."

The time of Bakugou's exam was approaching. As he prepared to get out of the room, Iris interrupted him.

"Bakugou!"

"What do you want."

"Good luck!"

"Whatever, thanks I guess."

~~~~~

The practical exams had finally come to an end. Unfortunately, Kirishima, Mina, Sato, and Kaminari didn't pass, which means they won't be able to participate in the training camp.

As for the All Might match, Iris thought that it was at least acceptable, even if Bakugou ended up unconscious. They both managed to cooperate, somehow, and they went through the passing gates together, Deku carrying Bakugou in hand. Bakugou did in fact impress her with his moves, but Iris couldn't help but laugh. Getting held by the person he doesn't like in the slightest is probably the last thing Bakugou wanted. In the end, they were both roughed up pretty badly, thanks to All Might going way to hard on them. He was even scolded by Recovery Girl, who had to heal them afterwards.