Chapter 20: Studied

Wangji arrived safely in the Jingshi with Wei Ying, silent in his arms. On second thought, he’s been quiet for a while now. That is unusual. Wangji tried to put the jiaoren on the spare bed in his room but the jiaoren won’t let go. His arms are around Wangji and he’s clinging to him shamelessly, his head once again buried in Wangji’s neck.

“I am tired Lan-er gege.” Wei Ying’s whiny voice was muffled.

“Mn. Wooden tub.”

“I don’t need them. I only need Lan Zhan.”

“Water.” Lan Wangji reminded Wei Ying.

“I can breathe on land however long I want Lan Zhan. The only reason I often spend my time underwater is because I don’t want to be a stockfish.”

Lan Wangji sighed. He gently removed Wei Ying’s tentacles on his shoulder and let him sit on the bed. He ignored the doe-eyed Wei Ying and disappeared behind the screen. Rustle of clothing was heard in the quiet room and he reappeared with neatly-folded white undershirt and trouser. He handed them to Wei Ying and said, “It’s cold. Dress.”

After saying that, Wangji adjusted the white screen in front of the bed to block Wei Ying from view.

“You are very shy Lan Zhan. I like you so much.” Wei Ying laughed to himself behind the divider. Lan Wangji’s ears flushed in embarrassment. He had missed hearing Wei Ying’s laugh the whole day.

“I’m dressed Lan-er gege.” Wei Ying called.

Lan Wangji rounded around the screen only to be stunned by Wei Ying. The shameless jiaoren is sitting on the side of the bed, wet clothes discarded messily on the floor and he’s only wearing a slightly bigger undershirt that barely covers anything. He averted his gaze from the pale legs the jiaoren is proudly showing off.

Lan Wangji, “Dress properly Wei Ying.”

“I am properly dressed Lan Zhan.” Wei Ying countered.

“Trousers.” Wangji murmured still not looking at Wei Ying, who’s more than willing to be looked at.

“I don’t want to wear that. I feel constricted down there. It’s uncomfortable.”

Wangji can’t help the flood of inappropriate thoughts in his mind. Wei Ying is in human form now, that means he’s human in every possible way. No matter how much Wei Ying teased him, Wangji will not break the important rule of his clan. His will is stronger than he thought.

Wei Ying noticed that Lan Wangji is still looking away, he’s so disappointed that his flirting did not manage to break the second jade’s control. “Tsk.”

Wangji heared the clicked of Wei Ying’s tongue as well as the rustle of clothes against smooth skin.

“You can look now. Lan Zhan is so stingy.” Wei Ying complained, his arm crossed and gazing at Wangji in disapproval.

Seeing that the jiaoren is already presentable, he moved the screen back to its place.

He looked back at Wei Ying and discovered that the jiaoren is already standing up. Wei Ying walked slowly to him, testing the waters, getting used to his new set of legs.

Wangji thinks he’s fascinating, dressed in his clothes, making his way towards him, the moonlight peaking from the slightly opened window and lighting Wei Ying’s face in a soft glow along with those irises of silver, blue and yellow.

Wei Ying reached Wangji in no time.
“Amazing,” Wei Ying caressed Wangji’s cheek and gazed at him with wonder. “I can come to you now, Lan Zhan. I don’t have to wait anymore. I can walk towards you. This is just so amazing.” He said in a daze.