Chapter 17: Kissed

“Shameless.” Lan Wangji muttered.

“Aiyah, I’ve known that for a long time now. So, Lan Zhan,”

Wei Ying circled his arms loosely around Lan Wangji’s neck, careful not to exert too much force, for Wangji may fall down the water.

“Like I said, you owe me a kiss.” The jiaoren smiled meaningfully to Lan Wangji.

“I don’t.”

“Then tell me, what were you about to do this afternoon? I was pretty sure you’re going to kiss me. That’s what they always do in the books that I’ve read.”

Lan Wangji’s certain that Wei Ying became this shameless not just because it’s in his nature. Lan Xichen had a huge part in the jiaoren’s sudden show of brazenness. Those books, Wangji thought they were educational. Wei Ying couldn’t have come up with all of this on his own. The second jade of Lan regretted that he just let his brother be whenever Xichen is around the jiaoren. He actually forgot that Lan Xichen has the knacks for breaking rules and being mischievous too. Now, it seems like they are birds of the same feather, maybe fish.

“Lan-er gege~” Wei Ying chided, pulling him out of his pondering. “You’re not going to kiss me?” The jiaoren stared up to Wangji, like he hung the stars up the sky.

Lan Wangji did not answer, he was too distracted with the alluring smiles Wei Ying’s giving out like nothing.

The jiaoren keeps on doing that, not knowing what it does to Lan Wangji’s heart. It lools like the jiaoren became more shameless after knowing that Lan Wangji also feels the same.

“Lan-er gege~I really, really like you. I fancy you. I adore you. I whatever you. I always want to be with you.” A chain of confessions keeps on coming out of the jiaoren’s loud mouth. Each of them hits Wangji so strong.

“Be quiet.” If Wei Ying continues, his heart will burst.
“I can stay with you like this forever.” Wei Ying joined their foreheads together. The jiaoren looking up to his eyes and Wangji gazing down, since he’s on little apple and on a higher ground.

“Lan Zhan feels the same way, right?”

Lan Wangji isn’t sure but he caught fear swimming in the eyes of the creature. Wei Ying’s scared to hear Wangji’s answer, even if he had heard Wangji’s heart out earlier that day. Lan Wangji never want to see those looks in Wei Ying’s eyes again.

The embarrassment that he’s feeling disappeared behind. This time nothing else matters but Wei Ying.

“Always felt like that towards Wei Ying.” The back of Wangji’s hand brushed the cold but soft cheek of the jiaoren before making its way to Wei Ying’s nape. It merely took a second for Wangji to dip his head and finally meet the waiting lips of Wei Ying.

Warm and cold lips met, just like how Wangji and Wei Ying’s world merged.

It’s a soft kiss, simply feeling the touch of skin to skin, just feeling each other’s presence and confirming each other’s feelings. But Wangji have never been happier than he is at the moment.

The kiss lasted for a few seconds, before Wangji pulled away but Wei Ying chased after it like it’s something he desperately need at the moment.

He tightened his hold on Wangji’s shoulder, preventing him from going further away and protested.

“That’s it?”

The second jade of Lan looked incredulously at the creature clinging to him.

“It’s supposed to be longer. In the books, most of them lasted for minutes. And there’s something missing Lan zhan. Where’s the tongue?! There’s supposed to be tongues involved somehow. And you also need to explore my-mmpphhh”