Chapter Twenty Eight

When I woke up Tuesday morning after RAW everything hurt. Before we had even left the arena my abdomin had already started to bruise. I stretched out my sore limbs before I sat up in bed. As I sat on my bed, rubbi g the sleep from my eyes, I thought back to the match from last night. A ladder, I had jumped off a ladder, and I lived to tell about it. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was just past ten in the morning. I decided to grab the phone off the desk and call a familiar phone number. After a few rings the call was answered.

"Hello?" Asked an older woman on the other line.

"Hi Gramma its Kailee." I said with a smile on my face.

"Oh my, how are you sweetie?" She asked j could almost hear her smile through the phone.

"I'm doing good, just been working a lot." I told her.

"So I've seen. Your dad and I have been watching you and Trish every week. Even saw you jump off a ladder last night." She said through the phone.

"Yeah, that was a bit of a rough landing.: I told her, making her laugh. "So, I'm guessing that dad is still at your house." I finished.

"Yeah, he's still here. Refuses to go back and see the dragon lady." She replied.

"Are things really that bad?" I asked her.

"Yeah, they are. But, I don't want you to worry about that huh. They're adults and can deal with it themselves." She told me in a soft voice.

"Okay, I just worry." I told her playing with the phone cord.

"I know" she replied. "So, who's jeff?" She asked

"Oh- um- he's a friend." I told her while blushing.

"Mh-hm" she hummed through the phone, which ment 'i know your lying.

"Well, we started off as friends. We just recently started going out. We actually just decided last night that we're dating." I told her smiling to myself.

"I'm happy for you sweetie, you deserve to be happy." She told me.

"Thank you." I told her. "Is my dad there?" I asked.

"No, I'm afraid not. Left for work already." She told me. "I'm sorry to cut this short,  but I was on my way out the door right before you called. So I'll have to let you go." She said.

"Oh, okay. I love you gramma." I told her.

"I love you too." She said before we exchanged goodbyes and hung up. I put the phone back on the desk before I got up and started getting dressed for the day. I opened my suitcase and pulled out a short sleeve 'Metallica' shirt, along with a pair of dark blue jeans. I changed as quickly as I could, which was a little difficult with my abdomin being as bruised as it was. After I put my dirty clothes away I put my sneakers on. I went to the bathroom and brushed the curls from last night out. I did a once over in the mirror before I left. Grabbing the room key, I walked out of the room.

I decided that I wanted to go on a walk around the city. We were still in Las Vegas because its where RAW held. Either tonight or tomorrow morning everyone would be heading to Salt Lake city for Smackdown. I still wasn't sure if I was suppose to go to Smackdown. This draft thing had people all screwed up as to what shows they were suppose to be at. As I was walking I realized that I should have brought sunglasses, it was so bright I could barely see anything. Not being able to see caused me to walk right into someone.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" I asked trying to shield my eyes from the sun with my hand.

"Of course." I familiar voice said.

"Excuse me." I said quickly trying to get around him.

"Not so fast, I just wanna talk." Ethan said grabbing my forearm as I tried to get around him. I sighed as I turned around to face him.

"Fine, talk." I said pulling my hand out of his grip.

"Why the attitude? You use to love talking to me." He said faking a hurt tone in his voice.

"I also use to love socks and sandels, but all good things must come to an end." I said turning to leave, he once again grabbed my arm.

"I'm serious. What is your problem with me?" He asked with anger in his tone.

"Seriously? Are you that twisted that you don't know what you did wrong?" I asked anger clear in my voice.

"I treated you like a princess, so yeah, I wanna know what I did wrong." He said tightening his grip on my arm.

"You used me as a bet. You made me think I was special while you were screwing my sister. Because of you I thought that no one would ever love me. I don't see how thats treating me like a princess." I told him with such hatred in my voice.

"You were the one dumb enough to believe you had a shot with me." He hissed lowly.

"And your the one dumb enough to go back to Trish after she broke up with you to sleep her way through the roster." As soon as the words left my mouth I felt a familiar stinging sensation on my cheek.

"Don't you ever talk about her like that." He hissed lowly. By now we had drawn attention from people passing us by on the street. I reached my hand up to hold my cheek, knowing that if I didn't react I could be granted another one. "If you wanna call someone slutty, maybe you should look in the mirror." He said before releasing my arm and walking away. I wiped away a stray tear that had fallen before walking back to the hotel. As I walked through the doors a ran into someone again. I crossed my fingers that it wasn't Ethan.

"Hey, I was looking for you. What's wrong?" Jeff asked wrapping me in a hug. I decided that I didn't wanna deal with drama right now.

"Oh nothing, I just realized I forgot my sunglasses. I was having a hard time seeing so I came back to grab them." I told him putting on my best fake smile. Jeff starred at me before turning my head to the side to look at the mark Ethan had left.

"What happened here?" He asked.

"Like I said, I was having a hard time seeing and I ended up running into a door." I told him trying my best to keep up the charade.

"Okay" he said looking at me with doubt written across his face.

"So, why were you looking for me?" I asked trying to change the subject. grabbing his hand I laced our fingers together.

"Well I missed you, and I wanted to see if you were coming to smackdown with us." He said leading me towards the elevator.

"Yeah, definetly." I told him as the doors closed and jeff hit the button for his floor.

I really hate lying, especially to him.

A/N

And here's the next chapter.

What do you think?

As always feedback is appreciated!

Until next time lovelies