Chapter Seventeen

Friday Night Smackdown

Backstage

Offscreen:

I excused myself from everyone to give myself a moment to process everything. I had my first match and had won. The burning in my arm was proof that it was real. Despite the pain I couldn't help but smile. I had rounded a corner and smacked into someone. I backed up to give myself some space.

"Hey great match out there." Christian said flashing me a smile.

"Thanks, I guess" I said in a questioning tone. Things have been so weird with Edge that I hadn't had a moment to just talk with Christian.

"Listen, I know things have been weird because of Edge and everything, but I just want you to know that I still think of you as a friend. Edge tends to take things a bit too far but I just wanted you to know I had nothing to do with his little stunt." Christian said leaning against the wall.

"I appreciate that, thank you. He's just taking things a bit to far so I need to keep my distance from him, but don't be a stranger and say hi every once in awhile. Okay?" I told him with a soft smile.

"I get it, and same to you. Don't be a stranger." Christian said as he pushed off the wall and headed the direction I came from. I smiled at him before continuing to the locker room. When I had reached the doors I heard someone call my name. I turned my head to see Maria being followed by a camera crew.

"Hey can I get a quick word?" Maria asked when she reached me. I smiled a nodded to her.

Backstage

Onscreen:

"I'm here with Lee Marie who just pinned Trish Stratus. Lee how are you feeling?" Maria asked

"I'm good, a bit beat up but I have to admit I feel great." I told her with a smile.

"Now Trish made a couple of rude comments before your match. What was that about?" Maria asked

"She thinks that I'm not ment to be here. That i was hired to be a joke. But I just proved out there that I'm putting in the work every single day. Unlike Trish I didn't need help from outside the ring to win. I proved that I know what I'm doing out there. I still have more work to do because I can always improve. Trish better watch what she says about me and my friends because I proved that I won't be nice when that bell rings." I told Maria. I started getting louder towards the end but quickly calmed myself down.

"Well, thank you Lee and congratulations on your first win." Matia said with a big smile on her face.

"No problem Maria, and thank you." I told Maria as I opened the locker room door and walked in. I heard Maria walking away before I closed the door.

Later......

I pulled my suitcase behind me with my good arm as I headed towards the parking lot. Lita, Matt, and Jeff were already in the car when I got there. I quickly loaded my stuff in the car before getting in the backseat. Matt was in the passenger seat, Lita was in the driver seat, and Jeff was in the backseat right behind Matt. I was sat behind Lita. When I sat down I felt all my muscles tense, the adrenaline from the match was finally fading away. My arm throbbed in pain and I stiffened at the amount of pain I was feeling. I tried to readjust but it just caused more pain. I hadn't even noticed that the car was driving on the freeway already.

"What hurts?" Jeff asked from next to me. I gave him the best smile I could before speaking.

"I'm okay its not anything bad." I told him lying about the pain I was feeling. Jeff unbuckled his seat belt and moved to the middle seat so he was right next to me.

"Don't lie, what hurts?" Jeff asked again.

"My arm hurts the worst. Everything hurts but the arms the worst." I told him.

"Come here" Jeff said raising his arm for me to rest my head on his chest. I was hesitant at first but soon obliged. As I layer my head down I sighed in content. Jeff started drawing patterns on my back. I closed my eyes just enjoying this moment.

"You did great out there." Jeff whispered to me.

"Thank you." I replied quietly.

"So, when did you start training with Eddie?" Jeff asked.

"A few weeks ago. I ran into him and Chyna at the gym and they offered to help me train. Eddie decided to teach me a few of his moves." I told Jeff only half awake at this point.

"Next time you go for training let me know, okay? I'd like to help out with your training." Jeff said still rubbing circles on my back. I hummed back in acknowledgement before I slipped into unconsciousness.
__________________

Monday night RAW

Backstage

Onscreen:

I was walking backstage pulling my suitcase behind me. I stopped a producer to get a list of scheduled matches for the night. I thanked him before looking at the piece of paper. Before I could even get through the first match I was hit in the back of the head and knocked to the floor. I felt multiple kicks to my ribs. My head was picked up and slammed into the floor multiple times. I heard producers shouting at whoever it was to stop, but they just kept attacking me. Whoever it was finally picked up my head by my hair, forcing me to look at them.

"You really think your better then me? You got lucky on Friday thats it. Your nothing but a loser dumb bitch!" Trish screamed in my face before she slammed my head on the ground again and walking away. I was quickly surrounded by producers and other wrestlers that were backstage. Someone called for the medic as I tried to sit up. I could feel my nose gushing blood and I felt lightheaded. I was told not to move but I didn't listen. I sat up and glared towards where Trish was. She had a smirk plastered on her face.

Offscreen:

I was brought to the trainers room right after the attack. The doc was in the middle of his exam.

"Hows your head? Any dizziness?" Ne asked me while looking at my nose that was still bleeding

"Its okay now, I was a little lightheaded when I say up but nothing since then." I told the doc after he backed up.

"Well, there's good news and bad news. Bad news is your nose is definitely broken, but the good news is it was a clean break and we don't need to set it in place." He told me taking off his gloves.

"So now what?" I asked him removing the cloth from my nose to clean up some of the blood that was dried to my face.

"Well there's gonna be some swelling and bruising but as long as your careful you'll be fine." He told me.

"Anything else?" I asked him.

"Nope thats it, your free to go. Just take it easy." He told me as I hopped off the table. I thanked him before opening the door. Matt, Jeff, and Lita were all leaning against the wall when I walked out. They all came to my side when I was in the hallway. Lita grabbed my chin and started examining my face, her eyes narrowing in anger.

"What did the doc say?" Jeff asked his arms crossed as he stared at my face.

"Well, she broke my nose but that's about it. Just gotta take it easy for a week or two." I told him disappointment clear in my tone.

"What's her problem? You know what, I don't care im just gonna kill her." Lita said as she stormed off, Matt following her. Jeff put his hand on my back and started leading me towards the locker room. Silence hung in the air, neither of us knowing what to say.

A/N

And heres the next chapter

I hope you guys like it

As always your feedback is appreciated

Until next time lovelies