Chapter Thirteen

RAW had just finished and I was making my way to the garage. Matt and Lita had went to get the car so when I reached the garage the car was already waiting for me. I put my bags in the back and got into the backseat. Lita was driving and Matt was in the passenger seat with the map. Matt was always the navigator and never the driver. Jeff was in the backseat behind Lita and I was behind Matt.

"Why does it take you so long to get here?" Lita asks with a smile on her face.

"Some of us have shorter legs, give me a break." I told her as I buckled my seatbelt. Everyone let out a small laugh at the comment.

"Okay do you guys have everything? because I'm not coming back if you forgot something." Lita asked looking at everyone in the car. A group of Yeah's went around the car before Lita put the vehicle in drive and let the arena. I looked at Jeff and saw his arm still draped over his midsection and a look of pain on his face every time the car went over a bump.

"Hey you okay?" I asked him quietly although I knew the answer to the question.

"I'll be fine, it's nothing I can't handle." Jeff said as he looked at me with a soft smile on his face.

"It was a really good match." I told him turning slightly towards him.

"Thanks." He said quietly. He winced when the car went over a bigger bump.

"So, did you enjoy New Orleans?" I asked him trying to make small talk.

"Eh, it was alright I didn't go out much, I try to not go out drinking." He said with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

"I could hardly sleep, all I could hear was people partying all night." I told him.

"Yeah, they can get pretty wild out there." He said said grabbing his midsection tighter as we hit another bump.

"Are you sure your okay?" I asked him, I was concerned for him.

"Yeah it's nothing, just hurts to sit up." He told me sinking into his seat. I straightened myself out before I did a little pat on my lap. Jeff looked at me confused. I rolled my eyes at him.

"It hurts to sit up, so lay down. You can use me as a pillow." I told him gesturing to my lap.

"No, it's okay I'll be fi-" he started before I cut him off.

"Jeff, it wasn't an idea it was an order now lay down." I told him with authority in my voice. Jeff looked at me hesitantly before he gave in and laid his head in my lap. He adjusted himself until he was comfortable. Once he reached said position he let out a sigh of content. I started running my fingers though his hair and scalp. He let his eyes flutter shut in content. I smiled softly at him. I looked up at Matt and Lita to see them quietly talking. Matt was holding Lita's hand that wasn't on the steering wheel. Lita had a soft smile on her face as she nodded with whatever Matt said. Looking at those two so in love made me wish for something that real in my life.

"So, when do you think he's gonna propose?" I asked Jeff still looking at the two in the front seat.

"Pretty soon, I wouldn't be surprised if he already bought her a ring." Jeff said in his half awake state. I couldn't help but smile at him as I kept running my fingers through his scalp and hair. I few minutes later I heard soft snores coming from him. The car was pretty much quite until Matt spoke up.

"Can we pull over? I've gotta pee." Matt said from his seat. Lita and I just shook our heads as she got off on the nearest exit. Matt leapt from the car and ran into a dark field.

"Every time." Lita said softly as I let out a small laugh. Jeff stirred a bit opening his eyes and looking around the car.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly

"Everything's fine, just go back to sleep." I told him softly pushing the fallen hair out of his face. He smiled softly before going right back to sleep.

"So when did that happen?" Lita asked. I looked up at her with a questioning look "the way you look at him, it's like he's the only person in the world. Trust me I know that look." She told me looking into the field for Matt, letting out a relieved sigh when she saw him.

"Nothings going on we're just friends." I told her

"Mhmm sure you aren't" she said as Matt got back in the car.

"Sorry about that, I tripped and fell on the way back." Matt told us as he buckled his seatbelt.

"You okay?" I asked him trying not to move to much.

"Oh yeah I'm fine just couldn't find the car at first." He said as Lita once again took off. "So what's that you got on your lap there?" He asked me as he grabbed Lita's free hand again.

"A sleepy man who finally got comfortable." I told him looking at Jeff's face. Matt let out a chuckle but dropped the topic as he ran his thumb across Lita's knuckles. I smiled at the sight before I leaned my head against the window. I was trying to fight my fatigue and failing. I closed my eyes and slowly slipped into a sleep of my own.

————-

"So how long?" Matt asked Lita

"How long what?" Lita asked Matt a confused look on her face

"How long have you known that she likes him?" Matt asked referring to Kailee and Jeff in the backseat. Lita let a small smile spread across her face as she heard quite snores from the two.

"I knew before she even knew." Lita said Matt looked at her confused so she continued. "Kailee doesn't understand the things she feels. Her and Trish's mom only really cared about Trish when they were growing up. So as a result she taught trish what all these things meant but not Kailee. So when Kailee feels something she tries to shut everyone out because she thinks it the right thing to do. Ever since Ethan she's been closed off, but she's realizing she didn't deserve for that to happen to her. She's getting better. I just Jeff sticks it out and waits for her." Lita explained to the man next to her.

"Oh he's not going anywhere, you saw how he was in New Orleans. A few months ago he would have been hooking up anyone that offered. But this time he barely even left the room." Matt told the red head who just smiled.

"I think that those two were meant to find each other." She said as the car pulled off the freeway and towards the hotel.

———————-

I slowly woke up to someone softly shaking my shoulder. I let out a small groan as I opened my eyes.

"Hey sleepy we're at the hotel." Matt said crouched I front of me. Everyone else was out of the car. I tiredly unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. When I stood up my legs tried to betray me and give out from underneath me. Matt was quick to help me steady myself.

"You okay?" Jeff asked from next to me. I just gave a small nod with my eyes still partially closed. I stumbled towards the hotel as Jeff wrapped an arm around me and helped me inside. We went straight to the elevator. As we got inside I leaned my head against Jeff. We soon reached the floor and Jeff helped me out. We reached a room and he pulled out a room key.

"Wait I forgot to get a room key." I told Jeff through a yawn.

"You can just stay with me tonight, I don't have a roommate this week." He told me as he lead me inside. I picked the bed closest to me before crawling in. I covered myself up before I said a quite goodnight to Jeff. I felt him sit on the edge of my bed a push some hair out of my face.

"Goodnight" was all I heard him say before I fell into the best sleep I've had in awhile.

A/n

What did you guys think? How are you liking the story so far?
Feedback is appreciated
Much love to everyone