Chapter 33

Smackdown

Backstage (Offscreen)

After surviving the plague for what felt like an eternity I was finally back to work. I came to smackdown earlier than Jeff, Matt, And Lita so I could get in my ring gear and get prepped for my match tonight. I had been informed on Monday that until the draft was done and fully instated I would have to go to both Raw and Smackdown incase I was needed. Turns out that I was slated for match on smackdown anyways against Torrie Wilson. My match against Trish had been scheduled for Monday. The only good thing about tonights match was that Trish was barred from ringside. I reached the locker room and put my bag by one of the lockers and started pulling out my ring gear. Tonight my gear consisted of a black cropped tank top with silver accents and trunks that matched. I was lacing up my boots when everyone else started arriving at the arena. I always like coming her before anyone else gets here because I never want to undress in-front of anyone. I fluffed my hair in the mirror and made sure my makeup still looked okay before I left the locker room. I went to find a private area so I could start stretching and warm up a bit before the show started tonight. I was so focused on what I was doing that I never heard anyone sneak up behind me. I didn't notice until I bent over to do some toe touches.

"Well this is a nice way to start my night." I heard a mans voice behind me. I never stood up and turned around so fast in my life. My heart was beating so fast I'm sure he could hear it.

"Can I help you?" I asked with an edge to my voice.

"Oh no I'm fine I was just enjoying the show." He said looking me up and down. I was quick to wrap my arms around my midsection as a way to shield myself from his gaze.

"I hardly think that me stretching is a show or an invitation for you to watch me." I said going to walk past whoever this man was. He looked like he was a superstar on the roster but I had never seen him. He put his hand on my shoulder and pushed me into the wall and put his hands on both sides of the wall so I was trapped.

"Well when you wear something that revealing you're just asking for trouble." He said smirking at me. I felt grossed out just by the way he was looking at me.I stayed silent because I didn't wanna make things any worse for myself. "What do you say to having a good time with me?" He asked but I could tell it wasn't a question.

"No" I said but it came out as barely a whisper. He smirked at me and that was enough to tell me it wasn't a question.

"I was just trying to be a gentleman, but I don't need your permission." He said as he started to run one of his hands down my exposed abdomen. I took that as my opportunity to run but he quickly grabbed me and pushed me back into the wall. Finally my brain caught up to the situation I was in and I screamed for help. He quickly covered my mouth with his hand. "Shut up" He hissed through his teeth. I had tears streaming down my face when I finally heard multiple footsteps rushing towards us. The man was quickly slammed off me by Triple H who proceeded to slam him into the wall.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Triple H screamed in his face.

"Just talking to her." The man said smiling and winking at me.

"Really cause it looked like you were about to assault that poor girl." Triple H said slamming him into the wall again. Eddie was holding me as I continued to cry into his shoulder. Eddie was rubbing circles on my back as he yelled for more people. Within moments security showed up and pulled Triple H off of him. Hunter told security what happened.

"What do you want us to do with him?" One of them asked.

"Throw him out on his ass." He yelled before coming over to check on me. "Are you okay?" He asked me. It was at that moment that I realized that no matter what happened in that ring everyone cared for each other outside of the ring in one way or another.

"I'll be fine." I said as I willed the tears to stop. Eddie and Hunter escorted me back to catering. "Please don't tell anyone what happened" I said before we reached a more crowded area.They both looked at each other like they were having a conversation.

"We won't but you don't have to hide what happened that guy is a piece of shit for trying to take advantage of you." Hunter said in a reassuring voice.

"Thank you for that, But I know how this works. It's always the girls fault because she should have been wearing more clothes or she shouldn't have smiled at a guy like that. I'm not ashamed but I want to forget that it happened." I said trying to not big deal about it even though it was a big deal. "society is fucked up and we just have to live with it." I said trying to shrug it off.

"You sound like you've been through this before." Eddie said in a pitying tone.

"The world isn't a kind place to women." I said wanting to drop it.

"I know you don't wanna tell anyone what happened, But I do need to inform Vince because I'm pretty Sure it was suppose to be that guys first night. I can leave your name out of it though." Hunter said with a sympathetic tone in his voice. I just nodded my head telling him it was fine. "Eddie you'll have to come with me to give a statement as well" He said looking at Eddie who still had his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Eddie asked. I nodded my head 'yes'. He gave me a quick squeeze before they walked off towards Vince's office together talking in very hushed voices. I could tell they were talking about me because they kept glancing back at me.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves before continuing towards catering. As soon as I walked into catering everyone seemed to stop talking and look at me. My breath caught in my throat because for whatever reason everyone seemed to know what happened. Stacey was the first to come up to me.

"Is it true that the guy that got thrown out tried to attack you?" She asked me concern laced in her voice. How did she find out?

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to act like I had no idea what she was talking about.

"I saw security dragging him out so I asked what happened. And they told me that he tried to assault you." She said, Go figure.

"And how did everyone else find out?" I asked trying to keep the tears from slipping out.

"I was asking if anyone had seen you because I wanted to make sure you were okay and everyone asked me what I meant so I told them what I heard. Is it true?" She asked again I took a deep breath before asking.

"Yeah it is, and it sucks. end of discussion." I said as I went to walk away. Standing behind me was Matt, Jeff, and Lita. Jeff came over to me and wrapped me in a hug.

"I just heard. Are you okay?" He asked in a soft voice.

"No, but I will be." I said letting the tears slip out of my eyes.

"Who wants to kick his ass?" I heard Matt yell along with a ton of chairs scraping against the floor and multiple sets of feet hitting the floor.

"What a piece of shit." Jeff said quietly, I couldn't help but let out a chuckle. I let myself out of his embrace.

"I'm gonna be just fine." I told him wiping the tears away. "How could I not when I have you?" I asked before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you." He said before kissing me on the lips.

"I love you too, Now I have to get ready for my match." I said going to leave.

"Oh no you don't Vince canceled the match so your not leaving my site." Jeff said following after me. 

"go figure." I said as we walked to Matt, Jeff and Lita's locker room. I knew I was gonna be fine. How could I not be when I had so many people who cared about me.