Operas and Ice Cream

After breakfast I was told that we were going to a theater show going on near here. I had a few hours so I decided to just lay around in my room that I had gotten all to myself till I had to get up. After about an hour and a half of YouTube and Twitter, I got up and took a shower.

I then went into a small kitchen area and made me a sandwich. The play started at 6 and we were going to eat before it, so I didn't want to have a big lunch.

After my small lunch I went to the closet and looked at my clothes. I can never figure out what to wear. I finally pick out a black button up short sleeved shirt with my usual black skinny jeans. I also found a blackish-gray tie to put on and some fancy looking black shoes. I then sprayed a little bit of cologne on me and headed down to the lobby.

Most of my family was waiting there, so I sat down on one of the chairs and waited for everyone else to come down. Soon we were all headed to dinner, and then to the show.

"So what's this show supposed to be about anyways." Christian asked as we were driving to the theater. His car had broken down and so he had to ride with us.

"It's an opera actually, and it's Shakespeare I believe." My mom answered.

"And why are we going to see this?" He asked.

"Well, we were going to see a play of Titanic but we mixed up the times and now we are seeing an opera."

Christian sighed and look out of the window. I did the same and closed my eyes. I wasn't being annoying and complaining, I just wasn't in the mood for going out anywhere.

We arrived after about 15 mins. and then we all regrouped in the parking lot. Of course, Tatum wanted to sit with me. We got in the theater and I chose to sit farther back from the rest of the family because there weren't enough seats available near the front. Tatum wasn't too happy but she got over it when I told her that I would buy her some ice cream afterwards.

Just as the lights dimmed down a little, someone sat in the empty seat next to me. I looked over and saw a familiar wave of blonde hair.

"Jenna?" I asked.

The girl turned around and my eyes were met with those beautiful blue ones.

"Hey! Tyler right?" She asked.

"Yeah!" I said. I don't know why I was talking to her now and couldn't before. "I'm the awkward guy that showed you to the dry cleaners this morning." I noticed that she was wearing the black dress that I thought was a long shirt. It was short sleeved and had a low, round cut at the top. It looked really nice on her.

She laughed. Her smile was also beautiful. Whoever gets her will be a lucky man.

The lights dimmed again until it was completely dark, and then the lights on stage came on and someone started to sing.

"Gosh, I hate operas." I heard Jenna say beside me after about 30 mins.

"Me too. They're so boring, and I can't even understand what they are saying. What language is this even?" I whispered.

Jenna laughed a little and looked over at me.

"What?" I asked, looking back at her.

She smiled. "Nothing. you're just..."

"Just what?" I pressed.

"Just...different. A good different." She assured.

"Oh. I get that a lot. My boyfriend said when he first saw me he thought that I was some shy little nerd and was shocked when he noticed how weird and hyper I really am." I laughed, still keeping my voice down so that I wouldn't disturb anyone.