Wish We Could Turn Back Time

**Still not the last chapter!**
______________________

The ride home seemed to take
longer than usual. I let some tears fall down freely but didn't start really crying until I was in my house, in the safety of my room.

But the truth is, my room is probably the least safe place. This is where I sleep. This is where I dream, and nothing good seems to come from my dreams anymore.

Still, I seemed to drift off, having a seemingly dreamless night.
___

I rolled over into my back as my eyes slowly drifted open. I yawned and fully opened the slits in my face to be met with the sun blaring into them. I squinted them a little, for me having just woken up and wasn't used to the daylight yet. Only it didn't seem like daylight. I mean, I could see the sun's rays coming through the window, but it looked brighter, and whiter than usual.

I got up and walked down the stairs to get breakfast, when I realized that I had school today.

"Crap." I said aloud. I had no idea what time it was, and today was when I had to give my music project presentation. I didn't even have a song ready!

I turned back quickly and ran up the stairs, not bothering to look at the time. As I was scrambling to get clothes out of my closet, I thought I heard someone call my name.

I stopped moving and listened. I didn't hear the voice again, so I kept flipping through my clothes. But then I heard someone coming up the stairs and towards my room.

"Ty, you in there?"

I froze. That voice was..no, it couldn't be. I slowly looked towards the door, and there in the doorway was...

"Josh?" I whispered, unable to believe it.

"Hey, I've been trying to call you dude." He said, holding his phone up in his hands.

I stood there motionless, shocked at what I was seeing. I've got to be dreaming. This can't be right. Josh is dead.

"You're dead." I said blankly. I pinched myself, trying to wake myself up, but it wasn't working.

"What?" Josh asked, clearly oblivious to the fact that he was supposed to be dead.

"You're...you had a heart attack." I said again, my voice almost coming out as a question.

"Tyler, I just passed out is all. It's not like I died or anything, now stop, you're freaking me out." Josh said as he put his phone in his back pocket.

"No, you're fake. This isn't real. It's a dream. You're a dream. You're dead. You died. You're gone. You're gone." My voice quavered.

This was torture. Having dreams of Josh are going to be nightmares, maybe even more terrible than this one. Josh was dead and now he comes to haunt my dreams?

My knees grew weak, and my eyes pricked with tears.

"You're dead." I barely whispered.

Josh sensed my sudden weakness and rushed over towards me, grabbing a hold of me and sitting me on my bed.

"Woah, carful there. Just sit here." He said as he sat down with me.

I felt the bed shift as he did. A sign of hope that maybe this wasn't a dream. Then I remembered how real Josh's death was, and how that couldn't have been a dream.

"Tyler, are you okay?" Josh asked, seeming scared to ask.

I stared into his dark, adorable brown eyes that I used to love. In his eyes I saw all of our memories that we shared, all the little arguments that went on, all the cute cuddly memories. The sad ones, and the happy ones. The stressful ones and the exciting ones.