Meeting Jenna

After dinner we all went back to the hotel. The sun was about to set and my parents wanted to go out on the boat to see the sunset. Some of my family stayed behind but the majority of us went out on the lake. It was a peaceful ride out into the lake except for Tatum's continuos talking. When we stopped I got up from the little couch thing and went to the end of the boat and placed my hands on the railing. Tatum followed and say on a little chair beside me.

"The sky sure is pretty." She said.

"Yeah. Its even prettier when you just sit in silence and watch everything." I said, hopping it would shut her up. Not that I didn't love to listen to her.

It must have worked because she stopped talking and just looked around. The sky was orange and pink near the horizon and then purple and blue the more far up you looked. If I looked behind me I could see the moon. It was truly an amazing view. I was just thinking of the beauty of it all when Christian came up beside me.

"So, you're gay." He stated. It almost sounded like a question though.

"Yeah." I simply responded.

"And this...Josh dude. He's your..." He trailed it off.

"Boyfriend, yes." I finished for him.

He didn't say anything for a while. I was getting a little scared.

"Do you...do you hate me?" I asked.

He looked at me. I was too afraid to look over at him.

"No. No of course not. I wouldn't hate you for anything." He assured me. "It's just that I wasn't expecting to have a gay cousin. It's kinda cool though." He said and looked into the water. "I hope that doesn't offend you." He quickly added.

"Oh no it's fine. I was just scared 'cause you weren't saying anything." I said.

"Yeah. I'll talk to you later." He said and walked off.

I looked into the water at my reflection. It was all colorful and disoriented. 'Just like me', I thought.

"What does gay mean?" Tatum asked suddenly, making me jump a little.

I turned to her. "It means a boy likes a boy."

"Oh. So you like boys?" She asked me.

I smiled a little. "Yeah. I really like this one boy in particular. You'd like him also." I said to her.

"Maybe I could meet him sometime." She offered.

"Yeah. Maybe you could."

--

When we got back to the hotel I texted Josh.

Hey, just got back from watching the sunset on the boat. Wish you were here ;( -Ty

I wish I were there too! It must have been beautiful. -Josh

It was. I told my family about us... -Ty

Oh. What did they say? -Josh

They didn't really say a lot but they didn't criticize me about it. -Ty

Oh. Well that's good. -Josh

Yeah. I'm gonna go to sleep now. I'm really tired. -Ty

Okay. Goodnight :* -Josh

Goodnight -Ty

I placed my phone on the bedside table and rolled over on my side. It was so weird not having anyone next to me when I wasn't in my own bed. I sighed and closed my eyes. And eventually I fell asleep.
~

"Tyler. Tyler. Tyler!" Someone was yelling at me. I couldn't hear them very well thought their voice was almost like it was muffled and far away.

"Tyler! Tyler help me!!" It was getting louder and louder, and I tired to look for it, but all I saw was blackness.

"Tyler!!" The voice was sounding so familiar now.

Josh.

"Tyler! Tyler I need you!" He screamed into my ear, but I couldn't help him. I couldn't see him. I couldn't feel him.

"Josh!" I tried to yell into the blackness. My voice came out horse though, and I could barely hear myself.

"Tyler!" Josh yelled back. Why did he sound so scared?

"Where are you?" I called out frantically.

There was then silence. I asked it again, but speaking now and not shouting.

"I'm gone Tyler." He said simply. It sounded as if he was right in my ear now.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm gone." His voice kept repeating in my head. I screamed for him. I cried for him, but he was gone.
~
I woke up in a pool of sweat. I was panting and I had tears on my face. I looked over beside me and saw that Josh wasn't beside me, then I really began panting. Then I realized that I was in a hotel. Josh was at home and he is fine and well. Everything was fine.

I took beep breaths to calm myself down. I looked over at the clock. 3:57. I layed back down and went back to sleep. I didn't dream at all.

I woke up at a little after nine and got dressed and fixed my hair a little before going downstairs to eat breakfast. There weren't a whole lot of people down there. Only some of my family and then some other strangers that I didn't know.

I was on my way to a table when I got tapped on the shoulder. I turned around and was faced with a confused looking blond. She was a little shorter than me and had beautiful blue eyes.

"Um, excuse me, but do you know where the dry cleaning is?" She asked me. I then noticed a sort of long black shirt in her hands.

"Uh, yeah." I responded. Meeting new people weren't my thing. I thought I was over this.

She stared at me expectantly.

"So could you like...tell me where it is?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah! O-of course, sorry." I apologized, mentally face palming myself. "From here you j-just go down that hallway and then um, t-take a right and..." I was stuttering and talking like a robot and cutting off my words, almost like I was forcing them out. I sighed. "I'll just sh-show you." I mumbled and started walking towards the hallway.

The blond followed beside me. I messed with my fingers nervously but tired to keep them still so I wouldn't attract attention.

"Here it is." I said as we got to the door that read 'Dry Cleaning', relieved that she hadn't tried to talk to me.

"Thanks. I'm Jenna by the way." She smiled at me. She has a pretty smile. Her eyes were pretty too. If I were straight I would probably like here.

"Tyler." I nodded my head to her and smiled a little with my mouth closed.

"Well I guess I'll see you around, Tyler." She said and went into the dry cleaning room with a little wave.

I just turned around and walked back to the breakfast place before I could run into anyone else.

Ugh, how I hated talking to strangers.

~~~~~~~

Hi! Don't forget to vote and comment, I really appreciate it!