Down in the forest

There. I said it. It's the first time I've ever said that out loud.

My mom just looked at me. My dad stared at me as well. I swear I could have thrown up right then and there. Instead, I just burst into tears.
I buried my head in my hands and sobbed, then felt a skinny arm wrap around me.

"Sshh, baby don't cry." I heard my mom say, "just tell us when your ready."

I had just told her what I planned on telling them, but I knew she ment the story behind it all. I took some deep breaths. I don't know why this was so overwhelming.

"Well, I thought I was straight. I mean I had a girlfriend a few years ago, but I guess it didn't mean anything." I said and then wiped my eyes a little . "Then I met him and we just became best friends, and I started to develop feelings for him. He felt the same way I just didn't know it and he kissed me one day and I was shocked. But then I kissed him back and...yeah." I said and took more breaths of air, a little bit of tears still falling. I sniffed.

My mom rubbed my shoulder with her hand that was wrapped around me. We just talked about it for a little while and I had calmed down more. I felt like I was free now.

"So, who's the lucky guy?" My mom asked me with a wink when the mood had finally let up some.

I blushed and smiled a little. "Josh." I said quietly.

My mom squealed and gasped at the same time, making a strange noise. "Awe Tyler! Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I don't know. I just wasn't ready. I was scared." I said.

"Tyler, you can tell us anything. Don't be afraid to talk to us okay? We love you no matter what." She assured me.

I smiled. "Thanks mom." I said and hugged her.

That night I slept fairly well. And the next morning I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Me and my dad didn't really talk about it that much, but I guess that's just not the thing you talk about with your dad.

When I woke up I didn't want to get out of bed. I groaned and rolled over, pulling a cover over my head to escape the sunlight drifting into my room. A few minuets after I awoke, I felt my phone vibrate on my bed. I looked at the screen and smiled.

Josh- Good morning :)

I unlocked my phone and replied.

Tyler- Morning :) Could I come over today?

Josh- Of course! Parents are home though, so we can't be too crazy haha

Tyler- Haha okay. I may come by later.

Josh- Okay, see you later then.

Tyler- Bye

Josh- Bye

I got up and fixed me some breakfast before taking a shower and getting dressed. I took my time and for once I felt completely free and careless.

When I got ready I grabbed my phone and walked over to Josh's house. As I was walking I wondered if Josh had told his parents yet.

When I got to his door I knocked and was almost instantly met with his mother, grinning from ear to ear. She gave me a hug.

"Hello Josh's boyfriend!" She said and I laughed.

"Hello Mama Dun. How are you?"

"Oh I'm just wonderful. How are you dear?" She asked. Josh came down the stairs then.