Mama Dun

{edited}

"It's game on Tyler." Josh smirks.

I rush to a bean bag and grab a controller as Josh laughs and sets up the game.

A few hours later we hear someone coming down the stairs.

"Josh I'm home. I ordered pizza in case you were hun-" She noticed me and looked at Josh with a confused look on her face.

"Oh mom, this is Tyler. He just moved here and I figured that he would like to come hang out. Is that ok?" He asked her.

"Oh yes it's perfectly fine! I hope you like pizza, cause I bought a lot of it. I found a coupon for three pizzas for just five dollars, including bread sticks!" She said excitedly.

Josh and I laugh at her excitement. I surprisingly felt comfortable around his mom. I was still a little shy but she was nice. We thanked her and she went back upstairs to bring us a pizza.

"Oh, I forgot I have to text my mom when I'll be home!" I say and pull out my phone just as his mom came back down.

"Here you guys go. Let me know if there is anything else I can get you." She said and handed us two waters.

"Thanks. Hey, Tyler's gonna stay for like two more hours if that's fine with you."

"Oh yes of course! Stay as long as you like." She said and started up the stairs.

"Thanks Mrs. Dun!" I called after her.

"Oh Tyler, you can call me Mama Dun." She smiled and went back up.

I texted my mom and told her that I would be home around seven.

We played Mario Kart for a few more hours until I looked at my phone.

"Yoah dude it's almost seven. I should head back to my house now." I said.

"Don't you have time for one more round?" He said hopefully.

"I don't know..." I said and looked at the time again. I would make it home around 7:10ish maybe. Or even a little earlier.

"Aww pwees Ty." Josh said in a baby voice as he made his eyes really big and puckered out his bottom lip.

I chuckled at his cute little face. "Ok, I guess I have time for one more round." I said and he smiled.

__

"Victory!" I yelled and got up.

"I want a rematch tomorrow." Josh pouted and went up to turn the game off.

"Tomorrow?" I asked. I hadn't expected him to invite me over again. Well, not this soon at least.

"Yeah. Well only if you want to." He said.

"I would love to." I said and he smiled. "And maybe you could come to my house some time and hang out." I suggested.

"Yeah, that would be awesome."

"Ok. Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." I said and we walked up the stairs.

"Bye Mama Dun." I called to Josh's mother.

"Bye Tyler. Wait, do you need a ride?" She asked.

"No ma'am, I live really close, it's fine." I say and me and Josh head towards the door.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow Josh." I say to him.

"Alright. Be ready for that rematch tomorrow." He says and laughs before winking.

I smile. "Oh I will be, don't you worry. I'll see you tomorrow," I say as I walk backwards.

"Bye, Ty." He says and walks back into the house.

Ty, I like that nickname. I think as I walk back home thinking about my new friend.