Guns For Hands

***There will be song lyrics in this chapter. I did not make them exactly right word by word for "copyright" reasons***

{edited}

The next few days go by pretty quickly and before I know it it's Friday.

"Hey Tyler, you wanna hang out at my place after school?" Josh asks at lunch.

"Yeah. I'll to stop by my house first if that's ok. I forgot my phone so I'll have to tell my mom," I said and bit down into a sandwich.

"Yeah that's fine. I figured that we could also work a little on that music project that we have." he suggested.

"Ok."

"Have you been writing any new songs lately that maybe we could use for it?" He asked. I haven't really been working on any except for one called Guns for Hands. I haven't finished it yet though so maybe we could finish it together.

"I've been writing a song called Guns for Hands, but it's not finished. I know the concept I'm going so I just need to work on some lyrics and the music. We could finish it together if you want." I said.

"Ok. That sounds like a plan." Josh said.

_____

"I know what you think in the morning

When the sun shines on the ground

And shows what you have done

It shows where your mind has gone

And you swear it to your parents

That it will never happen again

I know, I know what that means

I know.

That you all have guns

And you never put the safety on

And you all have hands

To take it, don't take it, don't take it, take it ,take it!"

"That's all I have so far." I say and sigh.

"I like it. It sound cool so far." Josh says and his stomach growls.

I laugh at him. "Let's order some pizza." I say and call the nearest pizza place to Josh's house.

_ _

"I think my mom's home now. I'm gonna go give her a piece of pizza or two. Be right back," Josh says after a few rounds of Mario Kart.

"K," I say and sit back on the bean bag and take a sip of Red Bull. I pull out my phone and call my mom to tell her I might be at Josh's house late tonight.

"Hello?" I hear my mom say through the phone.

"Hey it's Tyler. I might be at Josh's house late tonight."

"Ok. Don't burn their house down or do anything stupid ok?" She said.

"Ok I won't." I laughed "Bye mom love you."

"Bye." She hung up just as Josh came back down the stairs.

"Hey dude you wanna come up to my room? My mom is about to go to sleep and we don't have to be as quiet up there." he said.

"Ok. I went ahead and told my mom that I would be here late tonight so I can just go home whenever." I told him.

"Good. Now I'll have some time to beat you at Call Of Duty." He smirked.

"I'm pretty good at that game. You better watch out." I told him and we went up to his room.

After a few hours of playing the ps3, eating more pizza, and talking about random things, I started to get a little tired. I yawned and looked at my phone. 12:49. Eh. It's not too late.

"Hey dude, I think my mom recorded a movie the other day. Wanna watch it?" Josh asked and sat down on the end of his bed with the tv remote in his hand.

"Yeah sure." I said and went to sit on the bed with him.

"I can't find it." Josh signed after going through the recordings. "I'll just see what's on the movie channels." He said. After flipping through a couple of channels he came across one that was just ending.

There were these people in a car and they drove into a tunnel and then the screen got darker and darker until it was pitch black and the screen said 'Darkness'.

"Ok?" Josh said as another movie came on. "Oh this is that movie with the magicians!" He said excitedly.

"Now You See Me?" I ask.

"Yeah! I've been wanting to see it for a while." He said and scooted back until he was sitting against the head rest of his bed.

I laughed and scooted back also. We had the lights turned out and the only light was from his flat screen tv so it looked pretty cool. About halfway through the movie I started to get pretty cold.

"I'm kinda cold. Are you?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

"Here let's get under the covers." He said and started to pull them up.

"Won't that be a little weird though?" I asked him. We had gotten sort of close and I guess you could consider us best friends. But I didn't want to make it awkward.

"No, it's fine unless you make it weird." He smiled.

I smiled back and got under the covers with him. The movie ended and I looked at the alarm clock next to Josh's bed. 3:26 it read.

"Oh my gosh I was supposed to be home by now!" I told Josh and sat up.

"Oh...you can stay here if you want. I'm sure your mom wouldn't mind." He said kind of shyly.

"Um are you sure?" I asked him. Honestly, I was pretty tired. And Josh's bed was really comfortable.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it being weird. I can just sleep on the couch in the living room or even on the floor if I have to." he said.

"No no no it's fine. I don't want to make you do that." I told him. He just shrugged an 'ok' and turned the tv off. I yawned and layed back down.

"Night Josh." I said and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight Ty." I heard him say beside me, before I fell asleep.

______

Hey guys. The chapters are starting to get longer each time I write them. I just get carried away sometimes. I hope you guys like it so far and please tell me if I'm going to fast or too slow. Please let me know if you like the book so far and if I should make longer chapters or shorter ones. love you guys and hopefully I will have another chapter soon!