The music project

{edited}

The first few classes of my day went pretty well. Josh and I sat with each other for all the ones we had together.

Lunch came around and Josh and I sat at a table near the corner of the lunch room.

"So how has your day been so far?" Josh asked as he sat down.

"Better than I thought it would be." I say honestly. "I thought I would be sitting alone today."

"Well lucky for you I tripped on my own foot like a dummy and bumped into you then huh?"

I laughed "Yeah I guess. Thanks for looking like a dork for me Josh," I said and laughed again. This time Josh laughed with me.

"Anytime."

We continued talking until the bell rang. I found out a lot about him. He plays the drums but he hasn't played for anyone before. Just like me with my singing and piano playing. I told him about my father's job and how I move around a lot.

"I hope this is the last time we move." I say. I'm tired of moving every other year to a new place.

"Yeah, me too." he responded.

What?

"Oh uh I mean like, I like you and it'll be lonely without a friend you know. I mean like...also for you I hope you don't have to move anymore because it must be hard for you. I didn't mean it like a weird kind if way. I-"

"I get it! It's fine Josh, I understand." I chuckle. He's cute when he's stuttering.

"Sorry." He looked a little embarrassed.

"It's cool." I said, smiling at his flushed cheeks.

"Hey do you want to come over at my place after school?" He asked kind of hesitantly. "It's cool if you don't, I was just wondering."

"Yeah that sounds fun." I said, "I'll have to text my mom first though."

"Really?" He sounded surprised. "Yay. Now I won't be lonely," he laughed.

I chuckled and went to the bathroom to text my mom so I wouldn't get caught.

Hey can I go to a friends house after school?

Mom- Sure hun. I'm glad u made a friend on your first day.

Yeah me too. I'm not sure when I'll be home but I'll text you later when I ask him.

Mom- ok see you later today. love you! xx

Love you too mom! thanks xx

I went back to the lunch room and the bell rung as soon as I sat down. I sighed and quickly told Josh that I could come and then started making my way down the hall.

_____

Last period was here before I knew it and Josh and I were off to music together.

"Hey, you never told me what instruments you play." Josh said as we walked in the door.

"I can play the piano and ukulele." I wasn't going to tell him that I could sing. I was still a little shy even though he's been really nice to me.

"Cool. I actually have a piano in my basement. My drums are in there too." he said.

"That's perfect." I said and laughed.

We sat down in chairs sort of in the back and listened to the teacher talk about a project that we would be doing. She just told us to pick a partner and come up to her and tell her two instruments. One that each of us could play.

"If your instrument is your voice then you may use that, but your partner has to play an instrument as you sing."

Me and Josh looked at each other excitedly.

"Alright, I'll give you until the end of class to come up with your partner and insruments. You have until near the end of the year to write a song and perform it in front of the class. I hope you guys know how to play at least one instrument or you'll have to learn that as well." She said jokingly but meant it.

We went and sat down at the back corner of the room after we told her our instruments and partners.

"So, can you write songs? Cause I sure can't!" Josh laughed.

"Um, actually I do write songs. They probably aren't that good though." I said shyly.

"Dude that's awesome!" he said.

"Well maybe I can play one for you one day." I suggested hesitantly.

"Could you show me one today after school? It's fine if you don't want to, I understand," he said with a little eagerness in his voice.

"Uh, sure." Yay. Back to shy little Tyler.

"Awesome." He smiled.

Just then the bell rang. Me and him walked outside and got into his car.

"I live close to the school but I just like driving better," he explained.

"That's cool. I live about ten minutes away from the school so I just walk." I said.

We pulled into a nice looking two story house that I remember passing as I walked to school.

"So do you wanna go up to my room first or show me that song?" I totally forgot about the song I was supposed to show him.

"Let's just go ahead and get the song over with." I say and we go downstairs to the basement.

"My parents won't be home until like five so we have the house to ourselves until then." Josh says as he sits on a bean bag.

"Cool." I say at look around the room. There is an old couch sort of in the middle of the room facing a TV sitting on top of a coffee table against the wall. I looked over to a drum set in the corner and a piano along the wall farthest from the door.

"So I guess I should play the song now." I sigh and walk over to the piano, feeling very awkward.

Josh gets up and walks over to the piano with me. He stands in front of it as I sit down and tap a few keys. I think of what song to play and I deside on Drown.
—-
Josh's POV

Tyler starts to play a nice little tune on the piano but looks a little uncomfortable doing this. I hope he still likes me. I mean, it's not like I forced him to show me the song. Just stop overthinking this, it's fine Josh.

He surprised me by starting to sing. He also raps a couple of times in the song. He's got a beautiful smooth voice and it sounds like heaven. This song of his is really good, and I'm a little sad when it ends.

He pulls his hands away from the piano and looks up at me. He looks unsure.

"So...that's a song I wrote." He said shyly, not really making eye contact.

"Tyler, that was AMAZING!!" I tell him. "I didn't know you could sing! Your voice is wonderful! And that song is really good!" I tell him and he blushes.

"Thanks. I wrote that one a while ago." Tyler says quietly.

"I think it's my new favorite song to be honest." I tell him, and mean it.

He looks shocked. "Really? Thanks man." He looks away and then focuses on something behind me.

All of a sudden his face lights up and he yells, "You have MARIO KART?????!!!!!?? Dude can we play??!!"

I laugh "It's game on Tyler" I smirk.

_____

Sorry this chapter is definetly longer than the last one. Sorry it's a bad chapter it's kind of late and I've had a long day. I hope you guys like the book so far and if u have any feedback that would help me please tell me! Thanks love you guys xx