"He sounds amazing." "He is"

"Beat you again!" Josh yelled happily.

Yet another game of Mario Kart lost. I thought I was good at this game, but I guess not. Either that or Josh is a pro at it. I sigh in defeat.

"Yeah whatever. I let you win." I say and wink at Josh. He blushes slightly.

"Of course you did." He said and have me a little kiss. He pulled back and checked his phone. "Ugh, well I have to go now. I guess you should get to packing also." he said with a sad look on his face.

Me and my family had planned a trip to the beach this winter but we had to call it off due to "family trouble". My aunt's dog had died and we couldn't go, so we made it a 4 day vacation stay instead of a whole week.

"Yeah. Most of it's packed though." I say and get up and stretch.

"That's good. Come over and say bye before you leave tomorrow okay? I wanna goodbye hug." Josh said, and I smiled at him.

"Don't worry. I won't leave without telling you goodbye." I say and hug him.

--

"Get up Tyler! We've got to leave in like 30 minuets or we are gonna be late!"

My mom yelling isn't really the nicest way to wake up. I groan and hop out of bed, taking a quick shower and pulling on some clothes. I get my suit case and head downstairs where my mother is waiting impatiently.

"Here you are! Hurry up and grab something to eat, we need to go." She says hurriedly.

I grab a granola bar and a blueberry muffin and head outside. I put my suit case into the trunk of the car and then get in. My mom and dad soon follow and start the car.

"Don't forget to stop by Josh's house before we leave." I say before we pass it.

I hop out of the car and knock on the door quietly. I already texted Josh and told him that I was coming to say bye real quick. He opened the door and I came inside.

"I got to hurry or my mom will flip and probably get a speeding ticket if I take too long in here." I say and hug Josh tightly.

"Okay I won't keep her waiting." he says and hugs me back just as tight.

We pull back and I give him a quick kiss before heading back out the door.

"Bye, I'll text or call you later." I say.

"Okay. Be safe!" He calls out to me.

I laugh and respond with an 'I will' before hopping back into the car and driving off to the lake.

--

"Here is your room key and you can just call room service whenever you need something." The lady at the desk said. We had just arrived to the lake and were checking into this fancy hotel. It was a big, beautiful hotel with gorgeous views from almost every room. This would defiantly be mine and Josh's next vacation.

When we got up to the room and unpacked, we all decided to go out to eat. I was a little nervous because some of my family didn't know about me and Josh. I didn't know how they would react. It was like Christmas break all over again.

"What if they ask about me?" I asked my mom in the way to the restaurant.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Like...my friends...or girlfriends..." I said hoping she would take the hint.

"Oh I see." she said. "just tell them that you have a boyfriend. They are your family and should except you for you."

"Yeah but...what about my cousins. I don't want them to see me as the 'gay cousin'."

My mom looked at me with a sympathetic look. "Oh Tyler, don't worry. And if they give you trouble then just ignore them." She smiled.

I smiled back. "Okay."

We pulled into the restaurant a few minuets later. My stomach was tossing and turning and I was tense. My mom must have noticed and she placed her hand on my shoulder and gave it a little squeeze.

"Tyler!" I heard someone yell from behind me somewhere. I turned and looked around the parking lot. My eyes fell upon a little girl running towards me.

"Hey Tatum!" I said and she jumped up into my arms. She was my little cousin that I rarely see.

"How have you been?" I asked her when she finally let go. Her blond hair was in two low pig tails and her big blue eyes were sparkling.

"Good!" She replied. I laughed and hugged her again and got up, holding her hand as we walked to the door.

We got inside and we all greeted one another. We had already made reservations so we didn't have to wait for a table. All of my cousins and aunts and uncles were here. Not that I had that big of a family.

We ordered our drinks and soon we had our food ordered. I was at the very end of the table with Tatum on my right and my mom in my left.

"So Tyler, how's school been for you?" My uncle, Blake asked.

"Well, my teachers like me and I have good grades, so I guess it's going pretty good." I say and smile. "They almost didn't let me miss the rest of this week because of finals, but I stayed for extra time to finish them."

"Wait." My cousin Christian said. "you have finals this week?"

"Yeah." I replied. Most schools had them before winter break, but my school didn't and it sucked.

"Oh. That's gay." Christian said and then went back to doing whatever he was doing on his phone.

I tensed up a little. I know he didn't mean it in a bad way, but it just felt kinda weird. Soon our orders came, and the feeling went away.

I sat quietly and ate while Tatum talked to me about her friends and what she got for Christmas. Then she had to use the bathroom so my mom took her.

"So Tyler, you gotten any girlfriends yet?" Blake asked me. I immediately froze and slowly swallowed what I was chewing.

"Well uh..." I desperately looked past my uncles head to the girls bathroom in search of my mother. "Not...not really but I..."

"What do you mean not really?" My aunt Rose interrupted. " Look at you, tall, handsome man. You've gotta have someone special."

I looked around the table, and everyone had their eyes on me. I could feel my face heating up and my body tensing up yet again. "Well...I-I have a b-boyfriend..." I said hesitantly.

I heard a quiet chuckle from Christian. "No, really." He said. "Who's the girl?"

"No...I'm serious." I said a little more confidently. "I have a boyfriend." I took a deep breath. "I'm gay." I said happily. I was surprised that I didn't have a meltdown or anything.

"Oh." Was all he said.

"So then... who's the lucky boy?" Rose asked.

"Uh, his name is Josh, and...he plays the drums. His hair used to be a blueish green but now it's purple. Um. He likes Mario Kart and cats. And he's just a really nice guy to be around. He's really sweet and kind and...I love him" I said smiling.

I looked over at my family and most of them were smiling a little also.

"He sounds amazing." My aunt said smiling at me.

I smiled back. "He is."

__
Aw sweet Tyler :). Vote and comments if you liked this chapter.