They keep happening

Tyler's POV

__

"The doctors said that the cancer is dying down. The treatment is working some, but they found new cancer cells in my chest." Josh said with no expression. "I have to go every other day now."

We were sitting down on my couch with some tea that I made him, talking about what the doctor said about his cancer today.

"Oh." Was all I said.

It breaks my heart to see Josh like this. He hasn't been himself ever sense the news. He rarely smiles anymore, and when he does it's either fake or weak. I can tell that he hasn't been eating very offen also. He's gotten skinnier and more depressed every day and it's killing me. I can't be with him all the time anymore either. I keep supporting him though. Every time he goes to the doctor for his weekly check-ups I come over to his house afterwards to make sure he's doing okay. So far it's been the same. The cancer packs were growing, but very slowly, until just a few weeks ago when they started getting smaller, but the doctors still have him come in every week to make sure they don't move any closer to his heart then they already have.

"Yeah. They also told me that they are getting closer to my heart." He said and got tears in his eyes.

I couldn't handle him crying anymore. It would just make me cry.

"Josh, have faith. The doctors are doing everything they can, and they won't do any less. It's all going to be okay Josh. We just need to stay strong and have faith."

"I can't Tyler! I've been staying strong and having faith this whole time but it just keeps getting worse!" He yelled at me and I jumped. He had tears streaming down him face.

"Josh I-"

"No! Stop telling me to not be scared and that it will all be fine! It's not fine ok? I'm DYING Tyler!!" He yelled at me and started sobbing. "I'm sorry. I just can't handle it right now."

"It's okay Josh, just calm down." I said rubbing his back.

He calmed down and left a few minutes later.

I walked back inside after I said goodbye and slumped down on the couch and closed my eyes.
-
I opened them up after a few minuets and decided to take a walk. To get my mind off things and cool down a little. I didn't get as emotional up as Josh but I was still upset that he felt that way.

I started walking aimlessly down the side walk. The moon was bright tonight so I used that as a light. After about half an hour I came across a bridge. I walked closer to it and I could hear the water rushing against the rocks below. then somthing caught my eye.

In the middle of the bridge I could see someone standing on the edge on the bridge looking at the water. I kept on walking though. The closer I got I could barely make out green hair. It was Josh.

I walked over to him quickly. "Josh why are you here?" I asked him.

He just kept starring at the water, not moving or looking at me.

"Josh...are you okay?" I asked him.

"I'm gonna jump." He said, still looking at the water.

I gasped. "What? Josh no! There's a different way out of this!" I said frantically.

"No there isn't Tyler." He raised his voice. "I'm going to die anyways so why wait when it's going to happen anytime now?" He asked.

"No Josh you're not going to die! Just come back to your house with me and we can talk about just don't jump." I said. I had tears in my eyes and a few were coming down my cheeks.

"Tyler. Don't stop me." He said.

"No Josh." I choked. "Dont do it!" I yelled as he got up on the railing. I couldn't move. I tried but my feet weren't moving, and my eyes weren't looking away as he jumped of the edge.

"NO!!!" I screamed, tears were now running down my face uncontrollably.

__

I shot my eyes open and panted heavily. I had tears running down my face and my shirt was soaked with them.

It was just a nightmare. I thought to myself as I sat up off the couch. They were happening a lot lately.

I got up and went to my bedroom and fell asleep instantly, with no more nightmares.

~~~

I walked into Josh's house and called for him. Hebwent to the doctor today and I wanted to cheak up on him.

"Josh?" I called. "Josh!" I said a little louder,walking into his room and peeking my head in.

Josh saw me and ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I staggered back a little and hugged him back.

"Um Josh...you alright?" I asked him and he pulled back with tears in his eyes.

" Tyler, the cancer. The cancer cells are dying. I'm not going to die." He cryed and hugged me again. I hugged him back.

"Josh, that's amazing." I said and hugged him even tighter, getting teary eyed myself.

"But, they aren't going down easily." He said, pulling back. "The doctor told me that I would have to take these shots once a day in my forearm, and that it would help my body fight the cancer. I still have to come in, but only once a week." He said.

"Josh that's incredible!" I said and hugged him again.

We stayed there,hugging each other while we cryed tears of joy. I knew he could do it. I knew he could fight. And I knew that Josh was more overjoyed about it then I was.

____

Short again I'm sorry. I have so many ideas for this book and I wish I could write more so that I could get to the good parts but they will just have to wait. This is a terrible chapter but just so you know, Tyler's dream wasn't going to be a dream at first. Besides the part where Josh jumps everything was actually going to happen but I didn't want to make this chapter too dramatic like the last 2 were. Anywho, love my readers and people who comment! I try to reply back but if I don't then I'm sorry but I love hearing you guy's thought on how it's going. :) Btw this chapter is not edited to excuse the misspelled words or improper grammer if there is any.