Manly Men?(39)

Dipper POV

Cold stone, as I regained consciousness I could feel the stone ground I was laying face down on. Which, my brain registered as, not the grass and dirt I had landed in when I was hit.

I was hit.

That's right, as if to confirm the memory a flash of pain spread threw my back. But my mobitly wasn't returning to me, and the high pitched ringing in my ears made it hard to hear anything.

Mabel... what was that thing, I saw something standing over her. What was it? Like I had before I started digging around in my head for anything from the journals that could have been that creature.

Tall, manlike, more heave set but- with thin bent out legs, and... horns? Heavy set man with bent out thin legs and horns? (can anyone guess? This is a canon creature.)

I couldn't think of anything, I could feel my head fogging over again, I didn't want to pass out again but it was becoming harder and harder to focus. Then I felt something sharp jab into my side.

"He awake yet?"

"No."

"Come one wake the little dude."

"let's just kill him."

"How'd two of them even get down here? I thought-"

"It doesn't matter. This one fits the description so we're not killing him." the two voices boomed through the room caused my head to spin, it sounded like they were talking directly into my ears.

"Wake him. I'm tired of waiting."

The same sharp thing that kicked me before came slamming back into my side this time hard enough to force my body back sending me what felt like several feet back. I landed on my side crumpled in around my stomach my body involuntarily was shocked back into working and I started coughing.

"I told you that would work."

Slowly I opened my eyes trying to ground myself. Three of the manlike beasts stood towering over me, each had their arms crossed over their chest peering down at me.

It was hard to see their faces or anything but their outlines from the back lit from a light source I couldn't see. I couldn't see around them either, I tried to look around or Mabel or a way out but they simply laughed at me.

One turned to the other making it clear they didn't care for me, or for watching me struggle like the others seemed to. "Did you send for him?"

The other two side eyed each other, then looked at me. "He's in the town, I can't reach him."

"Of course he was too impatient." The first one growled. "Now we have to keep these two."

"If you want to kill them, go ahead. Just know he'll have your head on a plate when he gets back." This made the angry one stomp off.

The other two looked at each other once more, then to me. I head still my brain still fuzily trying to figure out who or what they where. If they're here in the forest they must have been mentioned in one of the journals somewhere.

One stepped forwards and reached down, he grabbed my arm and with little to no effort pulled me off the ground. I lurched my whole body ached and the sudden movement sent blood rushing to my head blurring over my vision and making my brain feel fuzzy. I grimaced.

"That hurt?" he asked sarcastically, I didn't respond to his rhetorical question, instead I used this new vintage point to look around again, the entrance to the cave was nowhere to be seen, however small fires were lit around the large room making it pretty easy to see. This was the first time I got a full look at the creatures.