Lets Explain...(41)

Dipper POV

The smell of blood, it's kind of hard to describe. The smell of wet metal and rotten fruit, and something that causes such strong dread in the bottom of your stomach that you almost hurl. Everything had happened so fast I felt my head spin, and the only thing I could even process in the moment was the smell of blood.

The next thing I knew the smell was gone, at least nowhere near as strong, and it felt different, the space around me felt nothing like that of the cave. Flash thoughts of the shack, and my house, of Ford. Fearing the worst I tried to wake up, move, at least open my eyes. I have to get away. I can't just be stuck. Who knew simply trying to talk or see one person would be so difficult, I would laugh at myself if I could.

"Easies there, still now." a voice floated through my mind, washing over and threw my thoughts. I tried to take a deep breath but I could barely tell if it was working. "There, that's better. Now try again."

I did and this time I could feel the air move in and out of my lungs, I could feel my chest rise and fall. A strong thin hand pressed square into my chest. "Again, your eyes this time" the voice came with a strong push, and my eyes fluttered open.

The room itself is dark, but for the face leaning over me shimmered giving off a warm glow. Felt my vision burr and it was hard to keep focused on them.

"You've finally come too." they spoke this time it felt different, sounded different, before they were talking in my head just to me but this time their words were out loud. They leaned back just in time for me to be swamped in someone else warmth, light yellow hair falling into my face.

My whole body tensed, "Bill..." the word came out raspy and broken, my throat hurt just trying but still it got the response I could barely believe was real.

"Damn kid," he breathed into my shoulder but I could feel him still shaking.

"I'll give you both a moment," they spoke, I could hear them stand and start to leave, "But Cipher," they paused till they knew he was paying attention, "I want to speak with both of you, soon." And with that we were alone. Finally.

"Bill." I whispered again, my voice a little stronger.

He leaned back a little but still held me, just enough to look at my face. "Pinetree." He whispered back, eyes searching my face.

I didn't even have the words, the last time we saw each other... I could see it in the way his eyes lingered on my lips he was remembering it too, but so much has happened between now and that. So much we needed to talk about, and put out in the open.

"I can see the wheel spinning in your head," he ran his hand up my back and into my hair, "but for this moment, please let me enjoy the fact that you're back and alive." he leaned his forehead against mine.

I nod.

He takes a deep breath, "I didn't even realize I was this tense till just now."

I laughed lightly, "welcome to my world." I hissed the last time I was relaxed I was with him, he always seemed at ease.

Leaning us back into the bed he smiled. "Want help with that?"

"You do without even trying." carefully I raised my hands resting them on his shoulders, my arm no longer hurt but it still felt sore and stiff from what every he and the other god did to fix me up.

"Can I try?" he asked, becoming impatient.

I only laughed again meeting him half way. He melted into me basically laying down on top of me. A few minutes or a few years could have passed but no matter how long it was, when we came back up for air it hadn't been long enough.