Milo(17)

Oops. The first time I published to the wrong book.
Take two!!!

Bill POV

"A boy?" He asked, running his hand down the page, "I wish I could read these codes..."

"Good try," I smiled, I know how badly he's been wanting to read my other journal. He only hit my shoulder in response. "Yes, a young boy around your age actually. He- he was like you a lot. You remind me of him all the time." I sighed leaning back into his touch.

Pinetree took the journal from my lap again flipping through the pages lightly scanning over each page with his eyes and his fingertips. I closed my eyes.

"Wait what's this." he whispered.

"Hmm?" I opened my eyes to look over at the journal in his lap.

"This is english, old english but still... I can read it." he said in the same quiet ton.

I sat up a little and really looked at the journal, "I had almost forgotten..." I felt the air leave my chest, taking the journal from him to read the pages. "I forgot I let him do this." I muttered reading over it a little, but my heart squeezed making me look away.

Pinetree rested his hand on top of mine, "Can I read it?" he asked softly, I felt his chin come down on my shoulder as he leaned into me.

"Yes..." I breathed tilting my head to the side and resting against his lightly.

He didn't take the book from my lap, instead he moved my hand and read from over my shoulder.

"He seems sweet." he hummed, skimming down the page.

"He was. Such a smart young man too. He didn't deserve the life he was given." I answered I had glued my eyes to the ceiling, his face was painted to the back of my eye lids, I could see faint shadows of him every time I closed my eyes.

A few minutes of silence passed as he read the rest of the entry, the only movement in the room was Pinetrees arm as he turned the page.

"Bill." he whispered.

"Yes."

"What happened between you and him? This entry, he talks about you a lot and the forest but he doesn't say anything about how he came to be with you- it doesn't hint to why this hurts you so much." he answered in the same lower voice. I knew the entry won't tell him anything important, only that the boy had been kind and loving.

"I don't know where to start." I breathed.

"Maybe with his name?" Pinetree suggested.

I nodded, "Milo, His name was Milo."

"Milo." Pinetree echoed.

"Yes" I sat up and turned to face him, moving my body to sit across from him. With a deep breath I started talking, "Milo was around your age when we met, he was a young explore type always wandering around the forest on his own. He never fit in with the villagers, he was strange to them. At this time people would leave offerings for me, I'd hear them talk about him when they came. They always spoke cruelly of him. How even his own mother wishes he was more normal. I started to get curious so I went into town one day. It was pretty easy to find him, I just had to follow the glares and whispers. I wish I could say he was alone, I wish I had found in that little run down hut of a home by himself. Not with him." Pinetree heard the hiss in my voice because he cut me off to ask.

"Him?"

"Yes, Milo's father, he was here. He out of all the town hated his son the most. I found Milo sitting outside the door. I sat with him and at first he was confused. He had never seen me before and just as it is now Gravity Falls was a small village where everyone knew everyone. He was confused even more by the fact that I chose to be seen with him. We spoke for a little but his dad called him back inside. The look on his face made me want to walk in and murder his father right then and there. But I didn't, every fiber of me now wishes I did, But I did not know then how things would end." Pinetree's eyes were locked on me, he was full in the story. I could imagine him reading my journal with the same look on his face.