The Statue(2)

Dipper POV

I didn't leave my room that afternoon till Mabel bounced in to unpack her bag, I wasn't really paying attention to her because she was just babbling on about her friends she hadn't seen in years, the only thing I caught as when she said something about dinner as she ran out our room and down the stairs.

I closed my book and walked out of the room with it tucked under my arm. In the kitchen sat Grunkle Stan, Grunkle Ford, Mabel, Sues, and Wendy. Lucky they just started passing around food so there would still be enough for me to eat.

"Dipper! Nice to see you. I'm sorry I missed you earlier, how was your trip here?" Ford smiled being the first to notice me come into the kitchen and sit down.

I smiled and placed the journal on the chair behind me, "Nice to see you to Ford, it was good. But someone needs to take singing classes." I smirked raising a brow at Mabel, she smiled through a mouth full of food, "I keep telling you Bro Voice Classing would be good for you. Maybe even one day you'll be as good as me." Her words were muffled by the food in her face but we still all understood her and what she said made Wendy and Sues burst into laughter and our Grunkles chuckle.

"Oh, ah ah, yes very funny." I huffed taking a bite of the food in front of me like a kicked puppy.

Which only made them laugh more.

Dinner ended and Wendy and Soos left together while Grunkle Stan calmed old aged and chose bed over watching Tv and me, Mabel and Ford.

We didn't watch much however because it kept getting later and later, Mabel went up as Ford and I started cleaning up from dinner. We clean in comfortable silence till Ford stopped in his tracks and turned to me, my journal in hand.

"Dipper, what is this?" Hi voice was grim and he looked angry, but I could see fear in his eyes.

"My journal?" I answered knowing that wouldn't be enough of an answer. Look on his face told me he already had an idea of what the book truly was, but I couldn't wrap my mind around how he would know about a random journal I found in the forest years ago.

"Where did you get it?" he hissed.

I flinched "Why does it matter it's just a book, Grunkle Ford your scaring me."

He held the book out to me, nervously I took it from him. When the book was lifted from his hand he visibly deflated.

"Dipper, your stay here is shorted I'm calling your mother and your going home in the morning. Stay in this house till then. Do not go outside, don't even go near windows if you can avoid it." He sighed, putting his hand to his forehead.

"What! No I'm not going home yet. I'm an adult you can't stop me from going outside if I want!" I yelled getting frustrated and defensively hugged the journal to my chest.

"You are in my house you will listen to my rules and I'm telling you for your own good you will leave and take the cursed book with you and never come back!" He yelled.

I couldn't even bring myself to respond I simply turned and ran, Sprinting up the stairs to me and Mabel's room.

"Dip, what are you doing?" she asked sitting up haft away in bed.

"Going for a walk." I hissed pulling my shoes on and going through my things for my jacket.

"It's late, and dark. Why don't you wait till tomorrow."

"I'll have my phone and I'll bring a flashlight." I explained throwing my jacket on and grabbing for my travel backpack quickly filling it with thinks I would need, throwing my wallet on to of everything in it before zipping it closed and taking the journal from my bed bring it close to my chest again, "I'll be back by the time you wake up, I just need a walk right now." I told her, without waiting for her response, I left the room and closed the door behind me.