Lock Down(6)

Dipper POV

I stood outside of the shack for a good minute, blinking at it. I knew it would be a bad idea to go in there, but my body was forcefully trying to get closer, to go inside.

I couldn't move, I was fighting myself trying to turn and walk away, to go into town or back into the forest. But I just couldn't move.

I don't know how much time had past but I had only moved about a foot, closer to the shack.

It wasn't to long after that, that Mabel and Ford showed up. Mabel was crying and Ford... well, if looks could kill.

I wanted to run from them, I wasn't ready to go home and if Ford caught me he would definitely make me. I tried harder than before because the only direction I could move was towards the shack and I really didn't want to corner myself in there.

"Dipper!" Mabel called wiping her hands across her face washing away the tears as a smile of relief replaced her sad expression.

She fell into me, hugging me tightly, "Oh I'm so happy you've come back!" She yelled still not letting me go.

Playing it cool I patted her head with my free hand, "I told you I was going for a walk." I said half faking a laugh, that is what I told her.

She stepped back and hit my arm, "Shut up you goof, don't run off like that again." She hissed but I could tell by her smile she was just joking. A smile slipped onto my lips, Mabel had that effect on people, if she was smiling so were they, I am no exception to this.

My smile only faltered when my eyes met Ford's.

He was angry, very very angry. "Mabel, go inside me and your brother will meet you shortly." he said to her, and Mabel being who she is, cocked her head at him in confusion but then shrugged it off and nodded before bounce off into the shack. "Dipper."

I flinched at the way he said my name, "Yes, Gruncle Ford?" I asked weakly, my feet still wouldn't move away from the shack.

"Why does the God in that forest know you." He growled.

"What?" That was not the question I was expecting, "Who-"

"You know who!" he screamed. He lunged forwards grabbing me by my arm and dragging me into the shack. I screamed clutching the journal close when he grabbed the arm holding it, with my free hand I hit his arm and back. I did not want to go in the shack, not with him, but it's not like I could do anything.

"No I don't!" I yelled back as he pushed me into the living room, "And I'm not leaving! You can't make me get on that bus!" I shouted catching myself so I wouldn't fall.

"I-" he started but stopped himself, with white knuckles he huffed, "Your not leaving Gravity Falls. But your also not to leave the Shack."

I took a step back, "so your just going to lock me in here for the rest of the summer?" I asked asstoning thinking that this was some sick joke.

"Yes"

He's not joking.

"Ford, I am an adult. Your not my guardian. You can't stop me." I said glad to find I could take a step to the door, I went to step around him and leave but he just moved over into my path.

"I may not be but if you want to stay in my house you are going to listen to me." he growled and in the small space I couldn't see a way around him. "Mabel," he called out and I heard her come down the creaky stairs. "Take your brother up to your room, he'll be staying inside for the rest of the day." he ordered her.

I didn't look back to her till she put her hand on my shoulder, she wasn't looking at me her eyes were glued to the floor. "Come on," she said in barely a whisper, she was acting like someone else entirely.