Get to know me(4)

Dipper POV

"Simple. I'm the one that wrote that Journal you're clutching."

I sat shocked at his response, "You... you wrote this?" I asked shakily, pulling the journal from its place embedded in my chest.

"Yes."

"Than... You..." I looked from the journal to him not wanting to say the thought in my head, afraid that he would conform it. "You... want this back... don't you?" I asked and I planned to stay calm but, I couldn't stop myself from pushing the book back into my chest.

"I do."

I wanted to cry, I couldn't bring myself to think about not having it anymore, my fingers turned white pressed into the edges, the hard cover edges digging into my flesh, throbbing just a little.

"Are you really that attached to it?" He asked, his head tilted to the side, his eyes were fixed to the journal.

"I-" I couldn't answer him.

"When I found that it had gone missing I tore apart my home and asked around constantly, even became violent about the booked disappearance. It was pretty ugly, so I understand how you feel about the journal. Don't worry at the moment, I haven't decided if I want to take it back from you yet." I sighed looking not at all guilty about what happened after I left with his journal, whatever it was. "Now answer my question or I'm going to call you.." he paused a movement his eyes roaming over me for a second before landing on my hat, "Pinetree." he said with a wide smirk like he was proud of himself for coming up with that on the spot.

"Please don't, My name is Dipper." I sighed, "What's yours?"

"Dipper? What kinda name is that, no. No I like Pinetree better. Ima call you that instead." He said still looking proud of himself. I only grown in response, which made him laugh. "As for my name, My name is Bill Cipher."

"Why didn't you write your name in the Journal?" I asked but he shook a finger in my face.

"No, no, no, It's my turn to ask a question." he said in a sing-song voice, "Why after stealing my journal did you leave Gravity Falls?"

"What are we playing 21 questions now?" I tease.

He shrugged, "Sure. Answer the question."

"We were only here for a week, Mabel found the journal the day before we went back home." I explained and he nodded along with what I was saying.

"How long are you here for now?" He asked and it was my turn to shake my finger in his face.

"Ah, ah, ah... now who's breaking the rules? It's my turn to ask a question." I said slyly smirking at him. He raised a brow at my finger like he had never been told no before and didn't know how to respond to me saying to him.

"Ok, Why didn't you write you name in the journal?" I asked taking my finger away from his face.

"I didn't feel like I should have to, I wasn't aware I need to be worried about little thieves taking it from me." he hissed the word thief at me, knowing he meant me.

I raised a brow at him, but that for some reason didn't stop my cheeks from blushing lightly at the accusation.

"It wasn't me who took it from your desk, that was my sister." I said feeling like I need to defend myself.

"Ah yes, but you are the one that didn't ask any questions and just walked out my forest with my journal." He retorted only making the color in my cheeks darken.

But a word caught my ear, one that made me pause and forget the embarrassment of stealing his journal.

"Your forest?" I asked, the smile on his face faltered a little.