SALTWATER THERAPY

Me, Logan and Beau ended up going home after being awoken by a nurse. Dad ended up passing out too and we all needed to go to sleep in our own beds.

Beau was so tired he could barely walk so Logan carried him back to the car, Beau fell fast asleep again Logan has a way of comforting you.

The drive home was quiet it was 6:00 pm, Beau doesn't normally go to sleep this early but he was out so we tucked him into his bed.

"Hey wanna go for an evening surf?" I say taking Logan's hand. "That sounds amazing, especially with you." Logan says softly kissing me on the cheek.

We head out to the garage to grab some boards, Logan takes one of dads and I grab one of mine. We grab some water bottles and head for the beach.

We basically sprint to the ocean because we haven't surfed in a minute with everything going on. The tide was calm but I could feel that there would be some promising waves. After all dad says it was my gift.

Me and Logan jump right in the water, our bellies on our boards excitement running through our veins. "Race ya!" Logan yells happily, "Oh it's on babe!" I yell back pure adrenaline filling my whole body.

I paddle past Logan and get underneath an upcoming wave that I was dying to catch. I emerge from the water ready to take this wave, before I knew it I'm on my feet. It felt as though my whole body was filled with electricity, my soul igniting with joy. "Woo!! Get it babe!" I hear Logan cheer as I finish the wave flawlessly.

After my killer wave, Logan caught a few beasts and I caught a few more too. We paddle back to shore exhausted our limbs jelly and our hearts happy.

"Logan I'm sorry about what I said at the hospital I was just so angry and hurt. I can't believe my own father would lie to me like that, I thought we were closer than that. That's what hurt the most, I just I don't understand."

"It's okay Maya I understand, you reacted in a way that's normal and I'm not mad. I was just trying to help in any way that I could, and at the time I thought it would be best through trying to reassure you." I really love you and Beau and I just want to be your shoulder to lean on or cry on. And if you need to yell at me then I'll take it, whatever you need I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

Tears begin to fill my eyes at Logan's words, Logan's like a poet he always knows just what to say to make me feel better,  I forgot that he was that powerful. All I know is he is my happiness and I can't live without him.

Before heading home we take one last look at the calm sea that is now reflecting the sunset hues of the peaceful evening.